I'm a flippin' idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In WV, we have an early bear season. In some parts it opens the first Saturday in September. In others it is the 23rd. I do not know how I got this confused but, I've been thinking for two weeks this was the opening weekend, (the 23rd) in the area I often hunt. So, I have been slowly getting ready, packing, etc... The last 4 days have been painfully slow. I was so excited at the thought of being back in the woods hunting. I rushed home from work and loaded all the contents of camp into my truck anticipating me and the wife pulling out tomorrow right after work. I have been setting here burning time on the internet just waiting. Pumped, Excited. Planning where I was going to start the day, etc..... Well, I looked down on the tool bar and saw the date and it hit me like a TON of bricks. Saturday coming is going to be the 16th. Not the 23rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm an IDIOT!!!!!!!!! This is like missing Christmas when I was a kid.

LOL, well at least you're going hunting right now, which is more than i can say. I have to wait until December for my elk hunt

I thought you were gonna tell us the tag opened on the first Saturday in September. LOL
At least you didn't miss it.

HAHAHA! Well at least you're not a week LATE! What part of WV you from? I'm in Fairmont.

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Sometimes anticipation is almost as good as the hunt...now (because of your stupidity)you get to do it twice. Dumb isn't always bad.🤣

last year i decided to go scout a piece of national forest the week before archery season opened on a saturday. i'm out creeping around in the woods in my camo and find a couple of spots. get home and realize it was youth day. thankfully the piece of land doesn't see much action. best case scenario if someone was out there hunting with their kid is i spoil their hunt. worst case is i get a ticket for no blaze orange or somebody shoots me.

bigdesert10

Lil-Rokslider
last year i decided to go scout a piece of national forest the week before archery season opened on a saturday. i'm out creeping around in the woods in my camo and find a couple of spots. get home and realize it was youth day. thankfully the piece of land doesn't see much action. best case scenario if someone was out there hunting with their kid is i spoil their hunt. worst case is i get a ticket for no blaze orange or somebody shoots me.

Do you have to wear blaze orange even it you're not hunting? i.e. do hikers have to wear blaze orange? I live (and hunt almost exclusively) in a state that doesn't require it so the whole blaze orange thing is pretty foreign to me. I'm just curious.

Do you have to wear blaze orange even it you're not hunting? i.e. do hikers have to wear blaze orange? I live (and hunt almost exclusively) in a state that doesn't require it so the whole blaze orange thing is pretty foreign to me. I'm just curious.

you're right and that part probably wouldn't have been an issue.

OP
W
I do camp there. Hence the camping gear loaded up last night before realizing I had the weekend wrong.

There are no deer in the Cranberry. No need to go there backpacking. But, I hear the wilderness area of Tea Creek, on the Williams River is loaded. :^)

elkguide

WKR
Sounds like you'll have time to unload the truck and check to make sure that you haven't forgotten anything for next weekend!