Found - unrecovered bull in Crazy Mountains, MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Please help me locate the hunter here online - feel free to repost to any forum.

I found what I would call a once in a lifetime bull that hadn't been recovered in the Crazy Mountains. I have grid coordinates for the hunter if they can ID the arrow fletch, approximate location and specifics about the bull. Hopefully we can get the bull and hunter linked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good on you. I think I left some backstraps and tenderloins in that general area. I will PM you my address if you would be kind enough to send them along. ;)

OP
MT_Wyatt

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I'm happy to report we have found the hunter! Thanks to everyone who helped.

Now as promised here is the mystery bull, which apparently is his first. HELL of a first animal. But there aren't any others. Ever. Don't go looking, this was a unicorn :)

06bd2adeccddd32bf7cb5a42677095d8.jpg

9394b73ce4f4d0a9b4ebda49b3603eaa.jpg

I will post back up when I hear the physical recovery has been made. It's a total bummer the meat was already bad when I found him so full recovery is out, but on the flip side, how damn cool is it to get a little closure to this guy's hunt through a simple Rokslide post!

-James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slvrslngr

WKR
Good lawd that's a toad! Glad the hunter was able to tag him, bummer about the meat though.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool of you to connect the hunter and the bull. That is too bad about the meat loss.

MHWASH

WKR
I cannot imagine what it felt like to lose that bull. Glad there was a happy ending.

Wapiti66

Lil-Rokslider
Very cool to hook the hunter back up with that bull, props to you. Shot placement looks good from the picture.? That thick dark timber makes for tough recovery.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Man what an elk. Id like to hear how all this went down a good write up from you and the hunter would be awesome. This is story that needs to be heard about hunters helping hunters. Good stuff. Man thats a hell of an Elk.

tracker12

WKR
I'm sure that meat will not go to waist. Bears and coyotes need to eat Nice job helping on the recovery. Would be interesting to find out where the hit as and how far he went before he expired.

Great ending and I know how happy the hunter was. been there and done that. 4 years ago I it a great bull and could not find it. A cow hunter hunting the same ranch food it a week later and contacted me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.