Bino Harness Help

RutnStrut5832

Lil-Rokslider
Let me start off by saying i live in kentucky and only hunt whitetail and turkey. Ive got a pair of the vortex viper hd 10x42 binos and was wanting some suggestions on a new bino case. Ive gotten 3 in mind that i really have got my eye on right now. The 3 are Kuiu, Badlands xr that holds binos and rangefinder and the 3rd is the marsupial harness. Any feedback woiuld be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

I used the Kuiu one the past three years. It's light and easy to use. The things I didn't like about it is that it doesn't keep the binos fully covered. I also didn't like when I went to put the binos on a tripod that I had to unclip them from the harness. This year I am testing out the new Sitka one. It covers the binos completely and it much easier to take out and set them on a tripod. It is a little bulkier than the Kuiu one. If the Sitka one wasn't available then the Marsupial would be my next choice. I do use the Marsupial rangefinder pouch and like that as well.

OP
R

RutnStrut5832

Lil-Rokslider
I used the Kuiu one the past three years. It's light and easy to use. The things I didn't like about it is that it doesn't keep the binos fully covered. I also didn't like when I went to put the binos on a tripod that I had to unclip them from the harness. This year I am testing out the new Sitka one. It covers the binos completely and it much easier to take out and set them on a tripod. It is a little bulkier than the Kuiu one. If the Sitka one wasn't available then the Marsupial would be my next choice. I do use the Marsupial rangefinder pouch and like that as well.
What is the new Sitka one called?

Owenst7

WKR
I like the Rick Young harness. Only weighs an ounce.
Ive had a Binosock for like 15 years that I like when Im expecting to get a lot of mud or snow on me.

wseidel

WKR
Sounds like you're doing your research, RutNStrut. Hopefully, you can see them in-person as that really "tells the tale". A few years ago I was in the same situation and ended up purchasing an Alaskan Guide Creations bino carrier (after talking to the inventer - Jaret Owens)...which has been outstanding. I wanted FULL protection for the binoculars, great construction, and appreciated some of the other amenities like pockets for a range finder, calls and wind indicator bottle. The other one I strongly considered was the FHF - after also talking with the owner/creator. I've heard good things about the Marsupial but have not seen one in person. Probably hard to go wrong with any of them provided you get the features you need in the camo pattern you desire. For whitetails, a quiet fabric and opening/closing mechanism may be even more important due to closer ranges if hunting in heavy woods. Hope this helps...

John Adam

FNG
I just got the Kuiu bino harness and absolutely love it. Havent tried any of the other brands
I have the Vortex Diamondback 10x42 and they fit great in the large.

2ski

WKR
The badlands is bouncy on your chest. Just an FYI. I liked it until I put on an FHF. I like them to be rocksolid and not move on my chest.

LegShot

FNG
Check out the Muley Freak harness. It is similar to the Kuiu harness but improved. It has better coverage on the back side to prevent dust and dirt from your glass. Also has a front pocket for a rangefinder. My only gripe is the pocket has a zipper. It would be better if it had a quieter option for opening/closing.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I have a FHF gear one with the rangefinder pouch and love it. However, when I hunt deer and turkeys in Alabama, I don't use it. I like to have my binos hanging on my treestand while deer hunting and in my vest pocket while turkey hunting. Both of these ways are easily accessible and out of my way.

2ski

WKR
Check out the Muley Freak harness. It is similar to the Kuiu harness but improved. It has better coverage on the back side to prevent dust and dirt from your glass. Also has a front pocket for a rangefinder. My only gripe is the pocket has a zipper. It would be better if it had a quieter option for opening/closing.

Until Muley Freak decides to accept returns don't go with one of them. Too many guys want to try them and then decide they don't fit them and can't return them.

Pontius

FNG
The FHF is my second skin during season. Accessing the binos from the case has become a subconscious, intuitive move. Buy them.

Bughalli

WKR
I use FHF as well (range finder pouch on straps and gps pouch on pack belt). Very happy with it. Alaskan Guide Creations is another one that is very popular. I've heard good things about Sitka and saw them on sale on Sierra Trading Post about two weeks ago. I thought about picking one up just for a second pair of glass I have as backup.

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I have the marsupial rangefinder pouch. While it fits my rangefinder nicely I'm not a fan of the magnetic closure. If I'm not careful when I pull it out the top will flip back closed and is really loud. Already spooked a doe this year with that happening. Just my thoughts.

I have the marsupial rangefinder pouch. While it fits my rangefinder nicely I'm not a fan of the magnetic closure. If I'm not careful when I pull it out the top will flip back closed and is really loud. Already spooked a doe this year with that happening. Just my thoughts.

I use mine all the time and I've never had this issue. Just gotta open it correctly so that the lid magnet connects with the magnet on the bottom of the pouch. That's how it's designed to work. That's actually the whole reason I bought the pouch, because it can stay open unlike other RF pouches. It'll stay open even when you're walking around chasing elk as I was this weekend.

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
You're right I'm just a dumb@$$. I wasn't folding it back far enough. Thought I had a fluke and they forgot the magnet. Thanks for the heads up!