CNOC Vecto Water Container

colonel00

WKR
I like to watch this guys videos and he is doing a quick review of this new bladder. While it won't directly replace my Platypus bladder and Sawyer inline/gravity setup, it does appear to be a nice option for use as a container and for gravity/squeeze options. The video claims 2.6-2.8oz which I"m sure is more than the bags that come with the Sawyer Squeeze but having that zip opening on one end and the thread on the other will make it much easier to fill and squeeze. Plus, the material of the bladder looks to be more robust. For me, this would function as a backup system or a secondary filter if I was in a bigger group.

[video=youtube;ZXwh9cZwC4E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXwh9cZwC4E[/video]

Link to the actual product: Vecto Water Container – Cnoc Outdoors

They are running a pre-order sale priced at $13.99

Impressive image from their site
Durable_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
Just because I like to resurrect threads and didn’t see much other information around the slide I just thought I would let y’all know I got my vecto in the mail today.

I played around with it for a bit and filled my bladder up (platypus hoser 3L) with it through my sawyer and in line adapter over the sink today and this is going to work out much better than the sawyer bags. I never did have one of the platypus wide mouth bags so I can’t speak in comparison to those but I do think this will hold up for several years.

Also rumor has it that it will be made in America starting some time this year.

I was going to post pictures but Darwin’s vids do a much better job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n2horns

WKR
I ran across this bladder too and wanted others feedback. I like the way it flexes when forcing through a filter.

Anyone have any new reviews or thoughts?

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
I've had mine for a while now but haven't really had a chance to mess with it too much. From my limited usage though it seems like a winner. I think it would be great for people that don't want a large bladder and would rather fill up bottles.

twall13

WKR
I really like the design of this and want to use it as my dirty bag for my gravity system. I contacted them a several months ago to see if they have plans to make a 3 liter bag in the future. They responded that they do have plans to make larger capacity bags in the future but couldn't give me an estimated timeline for a release. Since I use a 3 liter source bladder it would be nice to have a 3 liter dirty bag to fill it with.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
My only critique would be that having a 3L capacity would be nice but it really hasn’t bothered me since I’m usually not bone dry when I fill up and it’s so easy to use having to fill it up again isn’t a pain. Awesome product and I will probably get another one in the future since they are going to have a newer version coming out.

I also contacted the owner a couple months ago just to gain his views on hunting. He reported that while he does not hunt he is not against hunting and is in favor of maintaining public lands for all outdoor activities. I thought that was nice to here and his response well thought out and not a generic answer.

Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
I also contacted the owner a couple months ago just to gain his views on hunting. He reported that while he does not hunt he is not against hunting and is in favor of maintaining public lands for all outdoor activities. I thought that was nice to here and his response well thought out and not a generic answer.

Good on you for asking and thanks for the feedback.

n2horns

WKR
My bag just came in. I just plaid with it under the sink. I think for a dirty bag would be good. I wonder if the classic steri pen would work on that 2 liters, I read it is best on 1 liter, but why cant you run the steri pen a few times inside the 2 liters?

twall13

WKR
Thought I'd bring this thread to the top since I just noticed CNOC now sells a 3L bag. I have one on order and I'm excited to try it out. It should be an upgrade over my current dirty bag in my filtration system.

Backyard

WKR
Just got one from the wife for X-mas. Connection to the squeeze is normal, no leaks. I wanted one for dirty water also.
Looks like it should work great. Quick filling and less likely to blow a seam out in the middle of nowhere.