Crispi Idaho coming apart?

Do you have any idea of how many miles you have on them and what kind of terrain? I was interested in them due to the large toe box and flat feet like you mentioned but I am not a fan of dropping that much dough on a pair of boots that wont hold up.

I'd have to estimate roughly 200-250 trail miles (pretty rocky) and about 40 miles on concrete (stairs at red rocks when the weather was bad). I am also a bigger guy (6'5" 260) so take that into account.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I have a wide foot. The Kenetrek Mountain Extreme NI wide has been a good fit for me. I didn't find them to need a break in period. I pretty much took them out of the box and went on my elk hunt.

I have a wide foot. The Kenetrek Mountain Extreme NI wide has been a good fit for me. I didn't find them to need a break in period. I pretty much took them out of the box and went on my elk hunt.

Not wide enough; tried on a pair of wides at 1shotgear. I wear 6E width shoes/boots when I can find them.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
Damn where was this thread before I bought these lol everyone you see raves about them... they are super comfortable I guess a guy could warranty them and get a new pair and try to sell them to someone who likes them and recoup some of the money...

Damn where was this thread before I bought these lol everyone you see raves about them... they are super comfortable I guess a guy could warranty them and get a new pair and try to sell them to someone who likes them and recoup some of the money...

They are very comfortable and for all I know the new ones have fixed some of my problems. I picked mine up when they were clearing out last year's for a pretty good discount. I did have to put in some superfeet green's as I had some bad foot pain with the factory insoles.

This don't give me the feel-goods about dropping $350 on these boots... maybe it is time to shop for something different.

Have talked to folks running different Crispi models for a year now without issue; unfortunately I am stuck with either the Idaho or Wyoming for the wide toe box. I don't worry that I'll be taken care of as BlackOvis is a great company and Kendall seems like a great guy, but am boxed into a corner due to the size of my foot. I'd look at either the Nevada or Summit and maybe the Dakota as I've heard good things about them.

dmc

FNG
I have the exact problem on my Wyomings. I called CrispiUS and they are going to fix them under warranty and requested I sent them to a cobbler in UT. good dudes and good customer service for me.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
Yeah definitely good guys no complaints about customer service so far just disappointed that the boots didn't even last 30 miles before starting to fail not to mention I'm leavin for my elk hunt in three weeks and won't have time to break in a new pair so I'm rolling the dice hoping these don't leak on me.

Have talked to folks running different Crispi models for a year now without issue; unfortunately I am stuck with either the Idaho or Wyoming for the wide toe box. I don't worry that I'll be taken care of as BlackOvis is a great company and Kendall seems like a great guy, but am boxed into a corner due to the size of my foot. I'd look at either the Nevada or Summit and maybe the Dakota as I've heard good things about them.

At least the dakota's rand is stitched all the way around. That may be the ticket if I don't like what REI has to offer.

My Wyomings did the same thing and also cracked the rand where my foot bent. The local pro shop i bought them from talked to Kendall who warrantied them and i just got my new pair. They requested i send the old ones back so they could look into them and why they were doing that before they made the next production run and hopefully fix the issue. Regardless i love the Wyomings and as long as they keep breaking down I'll keep sending them back for replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
My Scarpa kinesis pro gtx were on point during my archery elk hunt this past week. I had looked at going with Crispi but aleady has the Scarpa's. I upgraded the insole and through snow, sleet, skree and lot of miles they have been great.

danarnold

WKR
I have the exact problem on my Wyomings. I called CrispiUS and they are going to fix them under warranty and requested I sent them to a cobbler in UT. good dudes and good customer service for me.

Almost the same thing except for they told me to run them the rest of the season which I did then when I contacted them again they said they were out of warranty....
I sent them to the cobbler in Utah which hooked me up but I'm done with Crispi
Just bought a pair of Mountain Extreme uninsulated and love em so far.
525f2b3f3282b92b4a60dbfaeb69c612.png
ffc0520273c631ee4c514b1de2636066.png
ab2d1d54b313bce5fbdbf86488051048.png

My Idahos are doing the same thing and I've only worn them about 7 hunting days. Part of the rubber webbing ripped on mine to. I found the receipt and plan to go talk to the place I bought them from. To bad because I really like them. My Kenetrek mountain extremes have 5 years of hunting on them and have held up great.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
My Idahos are doing the same thing and I've only worn them about 7 hunting days. Part of the rubber webbing ripped on mine to. I found the receipt and plan to go talk to the place I bought them from. To bad because I really like them. My Kenetrek mountain extremes have 5 years of hunting on them and have held up great.
How do you like your kenetreks comfort wise compared to your idahos im thinking about goin that route when I send my idahos back I've just heard mixed thoughts on them and hear the break in is long... it's hard to beat the comfort of the idahos is the only thing...

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
How do you like your kenetreks comfort wise compared to your idahos im thinking about goin that route when I send my idahos back I've just heard mixed thoughts on them and hear the break in is long... it's hard to beat the comfort of the idahos is the only thing...
I had my kenetreks broke in in about 30 miles but they recommend 50. The break in is a little rough but as long as you don't jump straight to a 70# death march it's not unbearable. I haven't tried crispi.

Live2hunt custom shelters

I love the Kenetreks and they are super comfortable, but they do take a while to break in. They are also stiffer than the Idahos. That is all I've worn the last 5 years. The only reason I bought the Idahos this year was I wanted something a little lighter and cooler for early season hunts.