Crispi Idaho coming apart?

Jd259

WKR
I bought a set of Idaho's about two months ago and have been hiking in them trying to get them broke in in time for my trip to Colorado and today I noticed that the webbing is coming apart from the fabric of the boot anyone else have this goin on with their idahos? They haven't started leaking yet but I don't want them to start when I get to Colorado. Both boots are starting to do it in the same place. Anyone else experiencing this with their Idaho's?
3d867cc878710713d3343e7b08aa1ae0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nwelkhunter81

Lil-Rokslider
I know a couple people who are running the Idahos without any issues. My Dakotas have been good also... Do you have time to send them in if your inside your 12 month from purchase window?

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
Yeah I think so I bought them from blackovis a month or two ago I'm leaving for Co oct 18 so just as long as I can get new ones or get these repaired a week or two before then... I'm pretty bummed I really like these boots but I could see this being a problem again down the road just because of the construction of the boots...

Nwelkhunter81

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the Crispi Dakotas for the all leather construction and the price was nice. Might be an opportunity to look into a different boot that might withstand the punishment you put on them

N2TRKYS

WKR
I'd send that crap back. I always shy away from designs like that for this reason. Good luck with your next purchase.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
Yeah I spoke with blackovis and he said if there not leaking go ahead and run them on my hunt this yeah and when i get back he'll fix me up with a new pair or get these ones fixed. once again blackovis customer service comes steps up good guys there for sure! Just don't know if I should give the idahos another try or go with something else. There super comfortable.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Dang, I'd hate to have a failure on my hunt, especially, knowing that they are compromised well before the hunt.

Good luck on your hunt and with your boots.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
Yeah that makes me nervous to but they way the guys at blackovis explained it is the whole bootie is goretex so it shouldn't leak at all... got my fingers crossed theta they hold up.

Kendall will handle it...contact him at blackorvis. he's a bow hunter and will know if this is a regular problem or an isolated incident. Regardless he'll send out a replacement pair ASAP. He's quick like that.

If the boots are broken in then I would buy a tube of freesole and apply it liberally to the affected spots. This stuff works awesome and then you wont have to break in another pair of boots. The boot is not going to leak because of this. Eventually the Gore-Tex will break down and they will leak though... that happens regardless of what the outside looks like.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
Yeah I'll for sure pack something with me to repair them in the event they leak while im packed in I just hope they'll still warranty them if I put something on them I really don't want to have to try to break in a new pair in the short time that I have till I leave for my hunt.

Freesole is what my local cobbler/boot maker/ repair guy uses. I had a sole coming off and this is what he used. Since then I have used it on multiple boots. This will fix your issue

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
Freesole is what my local cobbler/boot maker/ repair guy uses. I had a sole coming off and this is what he used. Since then I have used it on multiple boots. This will fix your issue

But will they still warranty my boots if I use something to seal them up? That's the only thing that makes me nervous about putting anything on them I'm really hoping that them make it through my hunt then I'll send them in when I get back...

But will they still warranty my boots if I use something to seal them up? That's the only thing that makes me nervous about putting anything on them I'm really hoping that them make it through my hunt then I'll send them in when I get back...

No idea you would have to ask them.... I bet you that a different pair does the same thing. Its how there made and how your foot bends.... Do you want to go thru the hassle of sending them back, waiting for new ones and breaking them in? I wouldn't... I would freesole the shit out of them and carry on....

I have about 5 months on my Idahos and there is almost no tread left and the soles are pulling away from the rand in multiple places. Haven't contacted them yet, but it is unacceptable and I don't hold out much hope for a warranty replacement for performing any better. Will probably be moving on to another company.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
I have about 5 months on my Idahos and there is almost no tread left and the soles are pulling away from the rand in multiple places. Haven't contacted them yet, but it is unacceptable and I don't hold out much hope for a warranty replacement for performing any better. Will probably be moving on to another company.

Damn that's not good to hear I had high hopes for these boots, but if the soles are pulling apart they should warranty them because there within your one year purchase time limit hopefully you bought them from a good company and they should take them back like blackovis said they'd do for me...

Damn that's not good to hear I had high hopes for these boots, but if the soles are pulling apart they should warranty them because there within your one year purchase time limit hopefully you bought them from a good company and they should take them back like blackovis said they'd do for me...

Agree, but all that does is buy me another 5-6 months before they're slicks again. The laces broke after only 3 months, which I was okay with cause they sucked. I do plan on contacting them to get them replaced, but not looking forward to another 3 weeks of heel blisters to break them in for only for them to not last. The replacements are only to get me through till I can afford to replace with a different brand, which unfortunately means I'm going with custom Nick's at this point to fit my fat feet as the wide toe box on the Idaho's were my last hope.

colersu22

WKR

Do you have any idea of how many miles you have on them and what kind of terrain? I was interested in them due to the large toe box and flat feet like you mentioned but I am not a fan of dropping that much dough on a pair of boots that wont hold up.