OnX maps didn't load

Titan_Bow

WKR
Phone or GPS unit ? If you had your phone, presuming you had already downloaded maps for offline work, if there is ANY cell coverage at all (you may have coverage but not enough to actually load maps) you have to select OFFLINE, or put your phone on airplane mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D_Eightch

D_Eightch

WKR
Phone or GPS unit ? If you had your phone, presuming you had already downloaded maps for offline work, if there is ANY cell coverage at all (you may have coverage but not enough to actually load maps) you have to select OFFLINE, or put your phone on airplane mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No coverage, was offline airplane mode..no dice.
Heading back out shortly and would like to get this straightened out. Don't know what is going on

OP
D_Eightch

D_Eightch

WKR
Looks like when I restart my phone in airplane mode/out of service is what's causing the issue..

Screenshot_20170918-142218.jpg

Guess I'll leave my phone on and in airplane mode...wouldnt be an issue if I hadn't forgot my Anker at the hotel! Lol

Last edited:

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
I just got home from my hunt and was having a similar issue with an iPhone 6S. What I found was that it was allowing me to open the app twice. When I pushed on the app icon after opening my phone, that version showed nothing other than my blue dot on a blank background as I was out of cell coverage. I never used airplane mode. But when I double clicked the home button, I realized that I had the app running already. That version had everything running as expected with my maps, waypoints, tracks, etc. After that, I made sure to always double click home and open the one already running and not open it a second time. I am not aware of any other apps that will run twice or more at one time. Lesson learned, but it did raise my blood pressure and freak me out for a few minutes!