Wolves in western Washington ?

OP
Grambo

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
We haven't seen any sigh of them in the area we hunt but checking our cams and talking to bow hunters it appears they might have moved south . Just checking , rumors are they have been here for awhile .

There are a bunch near tenino. Other than that I don't put much stock in the westside wolf rumor mill, everyone here seems to know a guy who knows a guy that saw one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wawhitey

Lil-Rokslider
There are a bunch near tenino. Other than that I don't put much stock in the westside wolf rumor mill, everyone here seems to know a guy who knows a guy that saw one.

Dont put much stock in the east side wolf rumor mill either. Lots of wolves around me, seen several and get cam pics regularly, still dont trust what people say. Couple people stopped to talk to my neighbor because they saw a wolf on my property. The "wolf" was my neighbors black dog mousing in my pasture.

OP
Grambo

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
I should have put SW Washington . Ive got game cam pictures of what appears to be a large size wolf near Hwy 12 in Lewis Co. I've hunted Canada and have seen several wolves . If I figure out how to get to my pictures I'll post them .Not very tech savy !

There was one wolf confirmed in the North Bend area a couple of years ago but it was run over by a truck a few weeks later crossing 1-90. Recent reports of westside wolves in the Mt Baker/Marblemount area which are now pretty much confirmed by bio's.

The Jolly mountain fire is really close, if not right on, the Tienaway packs den site so that pack may very well have been displaced by that fire.

I totally agree that the SW Wa wolf invasion is BS. I've been hearing reports for 20 years that Warehouser planted wolves to keep the elk from eating their baby trees but I've yet to see any signs myself or by trusted locals. Displaced males can wander great distances though so you may have seen one. Get it confirmed on cam w/scat samples. We need at least one pack westside before we can hunt them and the sooner we can hunt them the better! And better that pack exists in SW Wa vs N Wa AFAIK ;)

I would put more stock in stray husky mixes or even pet wolf hybrids that were kicked out to fend for themselves being behind the sightings more than a genuine free range wolf. I rescued a hybrid years ago and sure enough there were some neighborhood wolf sightings -and that dog looked more like a husky than anything-and all the sightings were in my yard.
Or look at that ass hat on instagram who shot those two german shepards because he thought they were wolves. Never underestimate the stupidity of the participants of the rumor mill.

hunting partner saw one in snoqualmie that was technically "south" of i90 :D
in all seriousness, i wouldn't doubt that they're in SW wa. WDFW denied them even being in western wa whatsoever then one got hit along i90 in northbend..soo there's that.

mlucashr

FNG
Friend of mine swears he saw one run across the west hills outside Hood River last week. Maybe eagle creek fire pushing them out of the hills here.