ID F&G Deer Question

I'm headed to ID in a few weeks with a general deer tag. We'll be in a area where few different zones come together. We'll be moving around a little bit so there's a pretty good chance I will hunt mule deer in a zone where they are open but will be camping in a whitetail only zone.

How worried should I be about getting hassled about having a muley in a WT only area? Are there any measures I should take to cover my ass? Take a picture of the gut pile with a landmark in the background?

Or, should I just tag the first WT I see and go chase birds?

Thanks!!

avodude

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn't worry. If they asked, give them the GPS coordinates of the gut pile and a picture too in addition to your story. They can sample your deer and compare it with the gut pile if they needed to collect any proof. When fish and game interview people they look for discrepancies in information and they also look at the vehicle license owner record. If you have no previous crime record or poaching history and your story is legit then they have no reason to investigate further. Think of all of the hunters that have bagged an animal in an area open to hunting and then took it home to hang in the garage in an area that wasn't open to hunting. Just don't forget evidence of sex (besides the horns - if quartering or boning the animal out).