What other forums/websites do you guys follow?

brianrossman1

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide for the best info on pretty much everything.

Hunting-Washington for local reports and opinions.

Elk101 on occasion.

That's about it. My FB fishing groups have turned into pure non-sense, really too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nrh6.7

WKR
I now spend most of my time here and it has been costing me a ton of cash. But I've learned more here than anywhere and the caliber of folks is much better than other places.

Bowsite is easily the #1 contributor to my sickness for hunting. I've met some incredibly talented hunters on that website and shared tons of hunts with many there. I come on here to get another perspective and like the crowd so I continue to return.

Trial153

WKR
bowsite, AT, Bowhunting.com, Last Leaf, and the NY hunting forum which has more simpltons per bandwidth then any place else on the web.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I spend some time on AT, it still has some value. Also a couple of local Pennsylvania and Maryland hunting forums. The local forums seem to be falling off. I've lurked here for ages and only recently signed on. The quality of the information here is excellent.

You can say that again,i ran and/or helped run one for 14 years for virginia. The last few years the number of posts and people there just fell off, the darn facebook groups tookover

A couple months ago i shut my forum down, wasn't worth it for me money wise, to pay for the website, forum software etc. so that 15 or so people could talk, when out of those 15 or so i can easily text back and forth with for free lol

It's a shame the local forums have went to crap. I am kinda glad to hear its not only us though

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
Seems most of my forum time is sent here; good info and not much BS/stupidity here. I am admittedly more of a reader than a poster. Others that I follow at least some, especially if I am looking for specific info or what not...

Archery Talk-good stuff there but tough to sort through the BS and stupidity
Hunt Talk-just joined not that long ago
Hunting Chat-Northeast, especially New England, hunting focused

Fly Fishing in NH-New Hampshire fly fishing forum
Maine Fly Fish-Maine Fly fishing forum
Speypages-two handed fly rod forum
Northeast Spey Casters-NE focused Spey casting forum
Stripers Online-Striper fishing forum

TW200 forum-Yamaha TW200 group
ADVrider- adventure motorcycling forum
MBTR-mountain biking forum

dtrkyman

WKR
Archerytalk, old gobbler, gobbler nation predator master a little bit and tungsten super shot I believe it is.

Wolfey

FNG
Archerytalk is pretty good unless you get into bow and crossbow discussions. Those threads get too heated but otherwise they have good discussions. Backpacking light forum is a good one but not a hunting forum. I like candlepowerforum a lot too.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

This is for sure my #1 forum. I also spend time on the Alaska Outdoor Forum (the first forum I ever joined), and The Classic Flyrod Forum (I absolutely love old classic bamboo fly rods, maybe even more than pre 64 model 70’s and old Winchester 1894’s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPHuntingAUS

Lil-Rokslider
I use very few these days, I find 95% of the talk is done by guys doing 5% of the hunting on most of them.
So most of my accounts I've had deactivated.

I like this, hunt talk and Texas bow hunter (good recipe section).

Would love rokslide even more if they had an international section for me to throw stuff in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Merc

FNG
I'm on Texasbowhunter and here the most but also keep an account at 2Cool fishing.

This site is actually the one that helped me make up my mind about trying for the NA10 and moving to Alaska to see if I can do it myself unguided.

I once developed a temporary psychiatric condition. "Chronic Forum Dysphoria" happens when you spend too much time in forums and find yourself more irritated than pleased at each log-off. It took thousands of dollars, a good wife and a few wonderful dogs to get me through it. I thought I might have to go to Florida for treatment. That was a long, long time ago.

Seriously, I used to hit a lot of hunting forums. I won't name them because I mostly don't go to any of them now. Keyboard cowboys, thin-skinned dudes, little tyrants and big bozos. Then there are ego-driven people who go to get admired, validated and stroked. Many forums are almost a sporting endeavor for guys who like to run wfo through a no-wake zone...trying to agitate the campground if you will. Of course I sound extremely cynical and curmudgeonly...but I'm not. I still believe in St Valentine's Day and think everyone has a pink heart somewhere. I really do liken most forums to junk food: too much isn't healthy for you. I have never been on Facebook either...so I'm frankly not prone to share my life and thoughts online.

I drop in on a few different forums to read now, but basically don't contribute to threads. I generally avoid online politics, religion and ethics as topics. I don't have a favorite outdoor forum, but I at least do read and occasionally contribute to Rokslide. There's no point naming the half-dozen I used to support.

Oh yeah. I do go to the Harley-Davidson forums sometimes. Riding is a big passion for my wife and myself. I probably won't ever spend much time on that forum either because....as you can guess...Harley people are not timid, and some of them believe the guy with the loudest pipes wins.

Used to spend the majority of my time on AT, but I try to stay on here as much as possible now. There’s too much drama over there on AT- if you give an honest opinion about something, you’ll get jumped by someone not agreeing with your opinion. Which is hilarious to think about. It is fun to throw a hand grenade into a conversation every once and a while just to see the mayhem that ensues shortly afterwards though...