Any "don't miss" sporting goods stores in Cheyenne, Casper, or in between?

jwatts

WKR
In a few weeks I will be headed out to Greybull, WY for an elk hunt. There aren't many options around where I live to check out western hunting equipment. There's really nowhere to look at decent boots, packs, or pretty much anything else that isn't geared toward whitetail. We will be hitting Cheyenne around 9am on the way up. I want to stop and try on a few different brands of boots if nothing else. So, are there any places we need to stop in Cheyenne, Casper, or really anywhere between Cheyenne and Greybull?

colonel00

WKR
Which way are you heading to there there?

Somewhere around Cheyenne I believe is a Sierra Trading Post. They have a huge area upstairs in the back (or did at least) with a bunch of discounted stuff. Kinda like a Cabela's Bargain Cave.

Heh, it's actually their headquarters. It's right on I-80 and worth a stop. 5025 Campstool Rd, Cheyenne, WY 82001

Also looks like there's a Sportsman's Warehouse right there too. If you haven't been to one of those, make sure to stop there as well.

OP
jwatts

jwatts

WKR
We will be hitting Cheyenne on I-80 and heading up I-25 from there. We will break off on 26 from Casper.

I will definitely hit up Sierra Trading Post. I order a lot of stuff from them. I'd like to see that place in person. If nothing else I want to meet the person that sends me 5 emails a day.

wyosteve

WKR
Casper also has a Sportsmans Warehouse. If you have time, run into Cody from Greybull. It's about 55 miles. They have a Rocky Mountain Sports that carries a lot of top shelf gear.

OP
jwatts

jwatts

WKR
Casper also has a Sportsmans Warehouse. If you have time, run into Cody from Greybull. It's about 55 miles. They have a Rocky Mountain Sports that carries a lot of top shelf gear.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind. I've never been to Cody so we may make the trip over.

LostArra

WKR
We used to stop at Cabelas in Sidney on our way to chase Wyoming elk (someone always forgot game bags). That ended after we started hitting Sportsman Warehouse in Cheyenne. Burger and a beer at Rib and Chop House too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
jwatts

jwatts

WKR
We used to stop at Cabelas in Sidney on our way to chase Wyoming elk (someone always forgot game bags). That ended after we started hitting Sportsman Warehouse in Cheyenne. Burger and a beer at Rib and Chop House too.

I bet we could hit Cheyenne around lunch time if we tried. It's hard to beat a good burger on a road trip.

Titan_Bow

WKR
Rocky Mountain Discount Sports in Cheyenne is pretty good. Alot better selection that the big box retailers anyway

madtom

FNG
Rocky Mountain Discount Sports in Cheyenne is pretty good. Alot better selection that the big box retailers anyway

There's no Rocky Mountain Discount Sports in Cheyenne. Cheyenne has Sierra Trading Post and Sportsman's Warehouse. Casper has Sportsman's Warehouse and RMDS.

Sportsmans tends to have more inventory and better prices than RMDS in my experience.

Titan_Bow

WKR
There's no Rocky Mountain Discount Sports in Cheyenne. Cheyenne has Sierra Trading Post and Sportsman's Warehouse. Casper has Sportsman's Warehouse and RMDS.

Sportsmans tends to have more inventory and better prices than RMDS in my experience.

Sorry mid-typed, I meant Casper