Adding a wood stove to a nylon tent

Stid2677

WKR
For truck camping, you could use those bunk beds cabelas sells,, you could sleep 4 doing that with a stove. Luke and Becca has a set and they used them in mine one spring. They are heavy around 60 lbs a set as I remember.

Yellowknife,, I hear ya,, almost too cozy. I may have slept in a cold morning or two. :)

I added a stove jack to one of those 12x12 Cabela's center pole Teepee type tent (I forget what they call it at the moment). I simply used a piece of thin fiberglass. Put 2" tape around the perimeter, and siliconed a thin layer across the rest, peeled the tape, let it dry and then did the other side, and glued it in place. I did not cut out the floor. I use 4 small pieces of wood under the stove's feet, and a siliconized fiberglass blanket in front of the stove (it's actually U shaped ) I tuck it under the front feet of the stove. It's the ember catcher, and protects the floor. I haven't had any issues other than a couple small burns in the floor from popping embers getting past the ember catcher. A dab of silicone and problem solved.