Non-Resident Mountain Lion Point Strategy

Howdy,
I am having difficulty finding good info on MLions. I was wondering if anyone here can help get me pointed in the right direction on saving up pref/bonus points for these cats? What states are best to hunt? How many points are necessary for a decent hunt? If I was to save up for a top shelf hunt for down the road what state should I start acquiring points in?
Thanks for your help!
Colby

Mtnboy

WKR
You probably don't need to save up points but you likely need to save up for a guide. Mt Lion hunting is pretty much a waste of time without good dogs.

Ben Wohlers with Painted Rock Outfitters in MT is one of the best.

Currant Creek Outfitters out of NV are also very good.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thunder head

Lil-Rokslider
Its also very helpful if you have flexible schedule.
Some guys I talked too said it works best if they can put you on their waiting list. When they are going to get a big snow, they start calling people. If you can drop everything for a few days it will work to your advantage

Is Painted Rock Outfitters still open? A quick google search says they are permanently closed and there Facebook page hasn't been updated in a few years.

Mtnboy

WKR
Last I knew, Ben was guiding Cat hunts still. Painted Rock is just what I had his business name as in my phone, not sure on the specifics there to be honest.

If your serious about going with him I'd just hit him up on Facebook.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk