Combo Hunt Strategies

Hi,
Pls share any ideas on non resident combo hunts that may make the season more exciting while saving points for the year. For example I have heard you can hunt AZ couse deer and quail at the same time. Haven't checked on this yet. Trying to come up with some interesting hunts while building points for elk/mule deer/etc. Any ideas?

RoJo

WKR
Yes, AZ archery Coues (or mule deer), quail, AND archery javelina in Jan., with javelina generally being easy to draw with no points.

Or bear, turkey, and squirrel in Oct., with fall turkey being a draw hunt.

Last edited:
Hey Rojo, can you shed a little light on the javelina HAM hunts over there? Isn't it a fall draw for those hunts.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RoJo

WKR
The fall javelina hunts are mostly youth hunts. The HAM hunts are in the spring, and the application deadline for the spring draw is Oct. 10.

That's what I meant Rojo...Put in in the fall for the spring hunt. Is the Jan archery hunt a different tag, or is it a fall draw too?

HAM - Handgun Archery Muzzleloader

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Fitzwho

WKR
Haven't done it yet myself, but some of the ones I have been thinking about:
Kansas: deer and pheasant
Washington: deer and elk, grouse
New Mexico: fall bear, quail, coyotes, squirrels

I'm doing a December Coues hunt with hopefully some quail on the side once I get a buck harvested. Haven't decided if I'll buy a bear and/or lion tag for AZ this year (unit 29).