Vegas Shooting- truly sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I didn’t see his FB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When things like this go down social media is one of the first places an investigator is going to look, sometimes shooters will post their little twisted manifesto or other information, meta tags in posts etc are all parts of the data gathered. Some social media outlets will freeze accounts and assist some stonewall etc until warrants are obtained, but anything out there can be archived pretty quickly before it can be manipulated. Of course the media isn't going to tell you or report on his politics because ... well you know why...

Jauwater

WKR
You know the problem is that this guy was a liberal, did anyone see his Facebook before it was taken down ? He is Pro Obama, Anti-Trump, Pro- Soros and his initiative. He called himself part of the Anti-Trump-Army.

I didn’t see the Facebook either, but I could swear I remember hearing a report that Antifa “literature” was found in the hotel room or house. I could be mistaken, but for some reason it’s in my head.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
You know the problem is that this guy was a liberal, did anyone see his Facebook before it was taken down ? He is Pro Obama, Anti-Trump, Pro- Soros and his initiative. He called himself part of the Anti-Trump-Army.

I believe it is suicide bomber mentality, someone so filled with hate believes that they will send a message and add fuel to their "cause" as a martyr. Call me crazy but it wouldn't be the first time.
It's possible but I can find no credible sources to substantiate this. Both sides tend to lie to support their agenda or counteract the others.

Live2hunt custom shelters

It's possible but I can find no credible sources to substantiate this. Both sides tend to lie to support their agenda or counteract the others.

Live2hunt custom shelters

I tend agree with your overall sentiment that both "sides" will / have bent information to fit their agendas. Time will either bear out my words or not, I would proffer that not all that is "news" is reported. And with all due respect, I wouldn't expect you and I to have all the available information and the same resources. I hope I phrased that eloquently enough as not to raise an ire. I hate politics, I like hunting and stuff, I should stick with that :)

Jauwater

WKR
0737f3d515218115be041b61ca5000ab.png

If these reports are correct, that would tie him into the George Soros crowd. About a month ago there was a YouTube video of Antifa protesting George Soros for payment. It’s been said for a while now that Soros has been the funding behind these protesting groups (black lives matter, Antifa, occupy Wallstreet, new black panther party).

This isn’t proving what his political beliefs were. Just saying.....

Dromsky

Lil-Rokslider
I'm gonna weigh in here, as has been said we all need to put aside our selfish, personal beliefs and come up with a solution for the common good of our society. Are some of us going to have to give up some personal freedoms, yes quite probable, will our children benefit, well that would be the goal.
I got no dog in this fight, I hope you're family never has to go thru what mine has gone thru in the last 48 hours, my time has been served, its your family I'm praying for.
I got a phone call from my wife Sunday night, she was with my 26 yr old daughter at the concert, the shooting had begun and they were pinned down by gunfire, behind a bar laying down in broken glass and a pool of someones blood, next to a women shot in the arm, screaming for her daughter who she had lost track of.
The terror in my wifes voice was the hardest thing I have ever experienced, they called to say I love you and might not make it out of this, they were scared for their lives. Then the call dropped, I'm 7 hours from Vegas when they need me.
They called again 15 minutes later, they had escaped to a nearby hotel and taken refuge in a linen closet on the 3rd floor and hidden under some storage shelves, but they thought shooters were in the hotel.
They eventually made it outside and back to the hotel @ 1:30.
They are back home since yesterday.
They will take a while to process this and need some counseling, they walked, crawled and ran past dead and injured innocent, men and women, witnessed people behind and beside them being shot, stampeded and trampelled, something they should never have seen.
I don't possess the writing skills to convey what they went thru.
My AR sets in the safe and I will gladly give it up so your wife or daughter never experiences what mine has, this has made it very personal.
God bless.

Last edited:

bigdesert10

Lil-Rokslider
I have a hard time believing any news report from pretty near any source any more. I won't bite down on anything regarding the shooter's motives or affiliations until I see a video of an official statement from the involved law enforcement agencies. Whatever the motives, this is pure evil and I've felt like I have big empty hole in my chest when I think about the magnitude of loss felt by so many and the callousness one must feel to be able marginalize human life like that emotionally disfigured monster. Kiss your wives and hug your babies. Life is fragile and precious.

I agree that this is truly sick!

I just heard a heartbreaking interview on the radio with a young bartender who was about to bolt when she was asked to help with a ladder. So instead of bolting she helped pull a wounded man out of the line of fire. He later died while holding her hand. She stayed with him for five hours until his girlfriend was released and could claim his body. She answered his phone and had to tell his mother that he had to die. Hero's are born every day and there are many many hero's in Las Vegas today!!!

I'm not sure what it is about this particular event other than on the face of it the shooter just doesn't match the normal profile. I can't put my finger on it but this one doesn't meet the sniff test??

I'm gonna weigh in here, as has been said we all need to put aside our selfish, personal beliefs and come up with a solution for the common good of our society. Are some of us going to have to give up some personal freedoms, yes quite probable, will our children benefit, well that would be the goal.
I got no dog in this fight, I hope you're family never has to go thru what mine has gone thru in the last 48 hours, my time has been served, its your family I'm praying for.
I got a phone call from my wife Sunday night, she was with my 26 yr old daughter at the concert, the shooting had begun and they were pinned down by gunfire, behind a bar laying down in broken glass and a pool of someones blood, next to a women shot in the arm, screaming for her daughter who she had lost track of.
The terror in my wifes voice was the hardest thing I have ever experienced, they called to say I love you and might not make it out of this, they were scared for their lives. Then the call dropped, I'm 7 hours from Vegas when they need me.
They called again 15 minutes later, they had escaped to a nearby hotel and taken refuge in a linen closet on the 3rd floor and hidden under some storage shelves, but they thought shooters were in the hotel.
They will take a while to process this and need some counseling, they walked, crawled and ran past dead and injured innocent, men and women, witnessed people behind and beside them being shot, stampeded and trampelled, something they should never have seen.
My AR sets in the safe and I will gladly give it up so your wife or daughter never experiences what mine has, this has made it very personal.
God bless.
Can't imagine what you and your family went through.

You keep your guns locked up in the safe, good for you. Don't be so quick to surrender them, it will not bring you security.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

God bless.

While I politely and respectfully disagree with the efficacy of your apparent conclusion, I do not want to belabor my view. My family and I will keep you and yours in our thoughts. It is horrible that this self-absorbed, sociopathic waste of skin felt justified in taking out his problems with the world on innocent people. It's horrible that your wife and daughter had to witness and experience it. Thankfully, their physical injuries sound minimal. Hug them tightly. I can only imagine what your family and the families of the other victims are going through. I hope that healing comes.

Billinsd

WKR
0737f3d515218115be041b61ca5000ab.png

If these reports are correct, that would tie him into the George Soros crowd. About a month ago there was a YouTube video of Antifa protesting George Soros for payment. It’s been said for a while now that Soros has been the funding behind these protesting groups (black lives matter, Antifa, occupy Wallstreet, new black panther party).

This isn’t proving what his political beliefs were. Just saying.....

Soros needs some "common sense" regulation.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"

I'm not going to take anything away from what you and your wife and daughter experienced. And if you want to give up your AR for safety's sense.......that's your choice, and your right to choose that. But safety at the expense of rights, liberties, and freedoms......is not what this country is all about (or at least used to be). That's not a founding principle.

This and all violence events like this are tragic.....they truly are. But there is not a single person, or group of people more important than the greater good of the country as a whole. We have an incredible foundation here in America, that blue prints the greatest nation to ever exist. That's why everyone wants to flock here.....legally and illegally. Our rights, our freedoms, and our liberties is exactly WHAT makes this the greatest country in the world. No other country has what we have. I'm not willing to give those up.........even a little bit. Even to "attempt" to make this country safer. Even to "attempt" to protect my children or my family.

Everybody always goes haywire over these events. And while they are tragic, every single one of them combined in the history of our country is such a small blip on the radar in regards to the sum total of all other deaths, I have to ask........does it make any sense at all to allow the government to infringe on our rights, when MANY, MANY more have given their lives to keep those rights intact? Of course it doesn't.

Here's a little perspective. Even if a million people were killed in one of these tragic events, which would be pretty tragic, that's still not even 1/3 of 1% of our population. Even if 50% of the population was killed by guns this year.........I still wouldn't be willing to give up our rights, freedoms, and liberties........for any amount of safety.

Jauwater

WKR
I’m retracting this post to keep this thread from diving. It was off subject. I apologize to the admin.

Last edited:
I’ll quit getting off subject within this thread, but I just wanted to state one more thing. I dunno how closely everybody pays attention to the violent murders that happen through out Europe. But within the UK alone they average 12,000 - 16,000 violent murders by KNIFE attacks. The UK is about half the size of California. Through out the entire United States I think we are averaging 30,000-40,000 violent murders by firearm. The statistical numbers change yearly, so I’m just giving rough averages. So within the UK which roughly the size of Oregon (per Sq Mile) they have almost half as many knife murders as we have gun murders through out a country 10x plus the size. Those knife murder statistics are similar throughout Europe. So if we were to learn through their history, the removal of “military style” firearms in Europe didn’t stop any violent acts. Actually the violent acts have risen dramatically.

Lets check some math:
UK is equal to half of California.
UK has 12-16K murders
So if we multiply that by 2 to equal california we get 24-32K
24-32K is less than 30-40K
so no guns is better than guns? Im just trying to make sure im following.

ChrisS

WKR
I’ll quit getting off subject within this thread, but I just wanted to state one more thing. I dunno how closely everybody pays attention to the violent murders that happen through out Europe. But within the UK alone they average 12,000 - 16,000 violent murders by KNIFE attacks. The UK is about half the size of California. Through out the entire United States I think we are averaging 30,000-40,000 violent murders by firearm. The statistical numbers change yearly, so I’m just giving rough averages. So within the UK which roughly the size of Oregon (per Sq Mile) they have almost half as many knife murders as we have gun murders through out a country 10x plus the size. Those knife murder statistics are similar throughout Europe. So if we were to learn through their history, the removal of “military style” firearms in Europe didn’t stop any violent acts. Actually the violent acts have risen dramatically.
Apparently you don't pay close enough attention either. Your numbers are astronomically inaccurate. In 2015, the UK only had 576 (TOTAL) homicides. In 2016, it was 601.

Russp17

WKR

Your UK murder number is very far off... You need to do some independent searching on that number. The UK had about 600 murders in 2016. Not 12-16,000 knife murders.

I quickly found there intentional homicide rate (all homicides) is 1.7 per 100,000 people the USA is 4.7 per 100,000 people. That means we have murder rate of 3 times there.

I'm not for much gun control, but spreading faulty numbers doesn't help anybody's arguement....

Last edited:

Jauwater

WKR
I apologize to the admin for getting off track.

Last edited:

Russp17

WKR
No, your not following. I’m saying the opposite. I’m saying the 65 million people in UK average around 14,000 murders by knife, and the 320 million people in the US average around 30,000 murders by firearm. So if the UK had a population of America, 320 million, they’d be dealing with around 70,000 murders by knife. That’d be twice as many violent murders then the US. And the UK has a ban on military style weapons, and very strict gun control laws. So I’m debating that banning AR 15’s, and making stricter gun control laws doesn’t stop violent acts. If we followed their history we’d see that obviously gun control won’t stop. History says the numbers will go up.

You are not following. There were only 600 total murders in the UK not 14,000 alone from knives. Your numbers are very far off. They have much lower murder rate than us. 1.7 per 100,000 people vs 4.7 per 100,000 people. This means roughly 3 times as many people are murdered per captia in the United states vs UK.

God bless.

I'm very sorry your wife and daughter had to go through that, but how is giving up your guns going to make you more safe?

Jauwater

WKR
Your UK murder number is very far off... You need to do some independent searching on that number. The UK had about 600 murders in 2016. Not 12-16,000 knife murders.

I quickly found there intentional homicide rate (all homicides) is 1.7 per 100,000 people the USA is 4.7 per 100,000 people. That means we have murder rate of 4 times there.

I'm not for much gun control, but spreading faulty numbers doesn't help anybody's arguement....

There certainly are a lot of conflicting numbers when doing a google search similar statistics. I believe the numbers I was pulling from was a news report from The Independent UK News in 2014, I believe, they had a number of 14 thousand murders by knife. I don’t live there, and maybe it’s wrong, but that’s what it said. Here are a couple other reports between UK, and London.

These statistics are on violent crimes involving a knife. Not necessarily deaths. If I had more time I’m sure I could pull up more.

a034da5a12402fb51ed1bcd4bc283fa8.png

ca9e4807f725370efc771815fae3cda4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.