% for conservation

Am I going to request an audit of the efforts and where the money is going? No, for me it comes down to trust. Do I trust the company? That is the question and if I do, of course I support their efforts over one that is not involved in conservation. The other thing to understand is with any charitable organisation, the full time workers need compensation up to a decent living wage. Which worker is better deserving of a living wage, someone who is doing the behind the scenes leg work to make our voice heard and influence policy makers decisions? Or (fill in the blank of whatever overpaid job you can think of)?

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

Rolando

FNG
OP, have you looked into the "2% for conservation" initiative? It's basically a tag for companies that they can put on products they sell to let the hunter and angler know that the company donates 1% of sales and 1% of time to better conservation efforts. It doesn't list the exact organizations donated to, but it is supposed to be a quick reference for buyers. It was discussed on a Gritty Bowmen podcast

Have you seen the outrageous fee 2% charges large businesses for his stamp of approval? That money would be far better spent on conservation than promoting that brand (or whatever it is).

Trial153

WKR
Have you seen the outrageous fee 2% charges large businesses for his stamp of approval? That money would be far better spent on conservation than promoting that brand (or whatever it is).

Fill us in. I don’t see a fee amount listed on the site

Rolando

FNG
Fill us in. I don’t see a fee amount listed on the site

It looks like they've taken down the amounts, but it depended on the company's sales numbers. The big hitters in the industry were saddled with some ridiculous amount. I'm wanting to say it was in the six figures although it's been a while since I've seen the numbers.

Akicita

WKR
What do you think of companies that give a percentage for conservation? Are you more likely to use a company that gives back to conservation?

Live2hunt custom shelters

21st Century conservation is a modern day collision of science, society and the environment. Even though we understand the science we as a democratic society will never stop growth which has the largest impact on our environment. I choose not to contribute to conservation groups or organizations that attribute and blame the plight of the environment on the common rural and urban people of this nation.

I choose to study the science, educate and practice realistic conservation and vote for the freedoms of all to experience our lands and the bounty it produces without limiting it to only the affluent or wealthy.

Respectfully,
Akicita

OP
William Hanson (live2hunt)

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
21st Century conservation is a modern day collision of science, society and the environment. Even though we understand the science we as a democratic society will never stop growth which has the largest impact on our environment. I choose not to contribute to conservation groups or organizations that attribute and blame the plight of the environment on the common rural and urban people of this nation.

I choose to study the science, educate and practice realistic conservation and vote for the freedoms of all to experience our lands and the bounty it produces without limiting it to only the affluent or wealthy.

Respectfully,
Akicita
Not sure where that comment came from. If you choose to ignore that habitat loss is one of the greatest threat to our wildlife, then you are flat out ignoring science.

Akicita

WKR
Not sure where that comment came from. If you choose to ignore that habitat loss is one of the greatest threat to our wildlife, then you are flat out ignoring science.

Habitat loss is in large a result of growth which as a free and democratic society we will never stop until there is no room left. I don't ignore this fact or science but also choose not contribute to the hypocrisy that these groups promote as conservation while oppressing the freedoms of the common people.

Habitat loss is in large a result of growth which as a free and democratic society we will never stop until there is no room left. I don't ignore this fact or science but also choose not contribute to the hypocrisy that these groups promote as conservation while oppressing the freedoms of the common people.
I am ignorant: how do "these groups" exhibit hypocracy?

Habitat loss is coming from or in the form of privately owned land. So what is the solution to stopping the sale or development of privately owned land?

Habitat loss is coming from or in the form of privately owned land. So what is the solution to stopping the sale or development of privately owned land?
Along that thread, it is to preserve our public land from being sold off to private parties. In terms of land that is already private, states and counties have various regulations in terms of which types of development are permissable. Both of these are influenced on a political level, which we as individuals can participate in and conservation groups can lobby for.

Along that thread, it is to preserve our public land from being sold off to private parties. In terms of land that is already private, states and counties have various regulations in terms of which types of development are permissable. Both of these are influenced on a political level, which we as individuals can participate in and conservation groups can lobby for.

Private is private and public is public. As far as private only regulations in place are zoning inside city limits and wetland protections. Some counties do have septic regulations

So you are advocating against private property rights? Right to build a barn, right to build a home, the right to have a garden, the right to expand your house?

Private is private and public is public. As far as private only regulations in place are zoning inside city limits and wetland protections. Some counties do have septic regulations

So you are advocating against private property rights? Right to build a barn, right to build a home, the right to have a garden, the right to expand your house?
Whoa, slow down. I am not advocating anything. I was giving an answer to a post. And yes, zoning is typically how that is done. Permits with the county are another thing as well. Food for thought : Would you want a polluting neighbor?

One example that come to mind of what I am getting at: I live in a rural area where 100% of the land is private. A couple of the landowners wanted to build several windmills in the area. This was very unpopular with many of my neighbors. They got together and built a case as to why they thought this development would negatively impact their properties, which derive significant income from turism. They also got a bird expert on their side who convinced the county that these windmills would kill the eagles. So, these landowners were denied permission to build the windmills.

So, it is not so simple as "private is private and public is public"

Whoa, slow down. I am not advocating anything. I was giving an answer to a post. And yes, zoning is typically how that is done. Permits with the county are another thing as well. Food for thought : Would you want a polluting neighbor?

One example that come to mind of what I am getting at: I live in a rural area where 100% of the land is private. A couple of the landowners wanted to build several windmills in the area. This was very unpopular with many of my neighbors. They got together and built a case as to why they thought this development would negatively impact their properties, which derive significant income from turism. They also got a bird expert on their side who convinced the county that these windmills would kill the eagles. So, these landowners were denied permission to build the windmills.

So, it is not so simple as "private is private and public is public"

It’s is that simple, My point is the biggest habitat loss by percentage isn’t on Federal Land it’s on Private. Only habitat loss on Federal right now is actually a direct result of some of these conservation groups, stopping true Land management.

Ironically My neighbor tried to fight wind turbines on me and lost. I think the conservative thing is pretty funny especially when it comes to energy exploration.

It’s is that simple, My point is the biggest habitat loss by percentage isn’t on Federal Land it’s on Private. Only habitat loss on Federal right now is actually a direct result of some of these conservation groups, stopping true Land management.

Ironically My neighbor tried to fight wind turbines on me and lost. I think the conservative thing is pretty funny especially when it comes to energy exploration.
That's interesting to hear, as I was coming from a completely different angle, ie the disappearance of state or federal land into the hands of private owners. And that doesnt mean I am against the concept of private property, quite the contrary. I just really value the public land. America is incredibly unique in that regard and not enough people appreciate what we have.

That's interesting to hear, as I was coming from a completely different angle, ie the disappearance of state or federal land into the hands of private owners. And that doesnt mean I am against the concept of private property, quite the contrary. I just really value the public land. America is incredibly unique in that regard and not enough people appreciate what we have.

I’m all for the retention of public. The thought of state ownership makes me nauseous.

With that said I get exactly what Akicita was saying. Public land conservation is a hell of a fund raising activity, but let’s be honest the real conservation needs to take place where the most habitat is being lost, by far that’s via private land. Now how do you conserve habitat on private land with out moving 100% of society to multi family units. The lower 48 is at roughly 8 acres per human. That acreage number will only get smaller.

I’m all for the retention of public. The thought of state ownership makes me nauseous.

With that said I get exactly what Akicita was saying. Public land conservation is a hell of a fund raising activity, but let’s be honest the real conservation needs to take place where the most habitat is being lost, by far that’s via private land. Now how do you conserve habitat on private land with out moving 100% of society to multi family units. The lower 48 is at roughly 8 acres per human. That acreage number will only get smaller.
Technically speaking, public land is state owned....

Technically speaking, public land is state owned....

Ok the ability of Public Land to be sold or access limited makes me sick.

With that said how much federal land is being sold for development vs private?

Ok the ability of Public Land to be sold or access limited makes me sick.

With that said how much federal land is being sold for development vs private?
I dont know. There was a big thing going on in my home state of oregon earlier about selling off some state forest land, but then i went to sea and didnt follow up with the outcome