'merica

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure how many folks on here live and die by the US Mens National Soccer team... BUT I'M HAVING A GOOD NIGHT!!!!!!!

Doghed

WKR
Not sure how many folks on here live and die by the US Mens National Soccer team... BUT I'M HAVING A GOOD NIGHT!!!!!!!

Was a good night indeed!! Finally a decent performance from our side. Its been rough lately. Panama brought the usual elbows and studs up style. Surprised they finished with all 11. Pulisic and Wood were getting beat up pretty good. One more to go. Wish more people supported our team. Go USA!!!

Beendare

WKR
Well i think a lot of 'mericans look down on soccer as being boring.....i used to be one of them.

The first half of that match last night was anything BUT boring. Its good to see the young talent show up for the US. those 3 forwards played one heck of a match- each with their own style...but it had to scare the heck out of the Panamanians having Wood bearing down on them...what a stud.

kda082

WKR
Well i think a lot of 'mericans look down on soccer as being boring.....i used to be one of them.

The first half of that match last night was anything BUT boring. Its good to see the young talent show up for the US. those 3 forwards played one heck of a match- each with their own style...but it had to scare the heck out of the Panamanians having Wood bearing down on them...what a stud.

I was one of them until kids started playing. Both my teenagers stopped playing in 2016. I felt like I lost a best friend. It's a great sport. I've never heard of that 19 year old until last night, but one heck of a goal he scored. Also good to see Sporting KC well represented.

Doghed

WKR
Also good to see Sporting KC well represented.

Definitely. I grew up in eastern Kansas. Still a Royals, Chiefs, and of course SKC fan. Played soccer from kinder until college. Still play a little now days but mostly support my boys who both play.

Vermes is a great coach. He has had a good number of his players called up for a few cycles now. I think he would make a great national team coach. hopefully he gets a shot some day.

OP
Jskaanland

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
NFL is now dead to me, I'll check out this soccer thing...

Be ready for a high level of emotional involvement for a "game." If you end up finding an MLS team to root for, you will end up hating PRO(the ref org for MLS).

Where did that Pulisic kid come from? Superstar in the making there.

Not sure before Dortmund. I caught a bit of a Dortmund match and was pleasantly surprised when I realised he was a US kid.

AGPank

WKR
He's from Hershey, went to Germany at 17. 60 minutes ran a special on him last week. Going to be fun to watch him develop and gain some physical strength so the older guys don't beat up on him so much.

I hate seeing the shit they let guys get away with on the field.

MattB

WKR
Live and die? More like die and then come back to life. I played soccer for 12 years, but the embellishment in professional soccer is simply embarrassing.

OP
Jskaanland

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe I cursed it by being so happy the other night... that was rough.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Doghed

WKR
Live and die? More like die and then come back to life. I played soccer for 12 years, but the embellishment in professional soccer is simply embarrassing.

Embellishment is a sparkly necklace or a hat with a feather in it. Its called simulation, and I agree, its embarrassing when it it happens in any sport.

Its now official. We have missed the World Cup for the first time in over 30 years. That is the embarrassment I'm thinking about right now.