Seek Outside Customer Service

Had a bit of a wrench thrown in to my upcoming Montana rifle hunt, when two of my partners had an unexpected change of plans. Rather than going as a group of 3, I'll be going solo again (which is fine). Only issue was that I don't need the LBO base/tarp/base all to myself. I sent Kevin a message last week explaining my dilemma and asked if there was anything he could do. He assured me that Becca would be able to assist. Sure enough, I contacted Becca that morning and the arrangements had been made. My tent arrived at their shop yesterday, and the stove jack will be sewn into the vestibule today!

Just wanted to say thank you to Kevin and Becca for the excellent experience, and for producing top-notch products!

Ryan Maddock

Last edited:

AXEL

WKR
Typical, SO folks are simply outstanding people and I wish I had them and their gear available when I started bushwhacking some 54 years ago.

Simple, functional, brilliant designs, LISTEN to old codgers like me and re-introduce the pack lid and always are ready to help get one's pack, etc, to exactly where it suits an individual's wishes. Can't beat SO, I am a customer for life.

mt100gr.

WKR
First, I really like all of the SO products I own and will definitely buy from them again, but I had a surprising experience with their CS this past summer.

The LBO Base-tarp-base I ordered with a stove jack in one of the base sections showed up with a stove jack in the tarp. The tag on the stuff sack reflected what I had ordered but the product was clearly the wrong item. I had I initially planned on this configuration but decided that I really did want to have the option of using my stove in a dual-bases set up.

Anyway, I called them and they admitted it was their mistake. The gentleman explained to me that they do not recommend the setup that I ordered as the stability of the stove pipe in the base section panel can be somewhat of a liability.

I understand this, but explained that I wanted the option of both a small and large hot tent. He responded by telling me they would definitely fix it, and put the stove jack where I had ordered it, but I would go to the end of the line and have a 3-5 week wait to get it back. I was surprised by this but I know they are very busy toward the end of summer.

I decided I would rather have a tent to use and learn so I left it as it showed up. I will probably send in one of my base sections and add a stove jack this winter.

So, while I do think their products are great, I was disappointed in their CS. Hopefully that was just a busy day and my call was the "last straw" ......or that dude just knew I'd end up spending more money at some point to get what I had ordered.

OP
ndbwhunter
I understand this, but explained that I wanted the option of both a small and large hot tent. He responded by telling me they would definitely fix it, and put the stove jack where I had ordered it, but I would go to the end of the line and have a 3-5 week wait to get it back. I was surprised by this but I know they are very busy toward the end of summer.

I decided I would rather have a tent to use and learn so I left it as it showed up. I will probably send in one of my base sections and add a stove jack this winter.

So, while I do think their products are great, I was disappointed in their CS. Hopefully that was just a busy day and my call was the "last straw" ......or that dude just knew I'd end up spending more money at some point to get what I had ordered.

My initial call to them resulted in a very similar experience. I was told that they are currently 2-3 weeks out (minimum), and that they were in the process of moving to a new location. It wasn't until I reached out to Kevin (the owner) on here that I was given some hope. I guess persistence pays off. I'm one of those people that tend to expire all options before finally deciding to give up.

Beendare

WKR
Good to hear SO is top notch.

I don't have any experience with their product but I am a business owner that has dealt with the pickiest people on earth for 38 years now and though we are at 99% I can tell you it ain't easy.

Its difficult to impossible to keep all of the people happy all of the time...there is always one person you cannot keep happy no matter what you do [in my case its supplying our services FOR FREE...and they still complain we didn't do it yesterday [if you heard the whole story you would be shocked how jerky some people are]

Another recent example i saw was a guy getting his top of the line binos fixed by the top notch company....and he was complaining it was going to take more than a few weeks to accomplish.

My take; when reading reviews on the different companies or products.....remember there is always that one person that is never happy.