New Idaho Regulations/ drawing proposal

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
interesting takes in the last few comments, not totally unexpected that someone would feel that Idaho's OIL tags and drawing process is too cheap for NR. I can understand the sedimentt even though respectfully disgaee.
when you factor in the fact that you may not draw for any other tag Idaho if you apply for a OIL tag the licence alone is expensive for a lot of people for such long odds.
that said I am thankful for the opportunity to draw for the tags as a nonresident.

Mtnboy

WKR
The fact that you CAN'T draw any other species is what makes the odds as good as they are.

Can you imagine how bad it'd be if the THOUSANDS of people who put in for Deer, Elk, Antelope also got to put in for OIL?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
The fact that you CAN'T draw any other species is what makes the odds as good as they are.

Can you imagine how bad it'd be if the THOUSANDS of people who put in for Deer, Elk, Antelope also got to put in for OIL?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I am wondering if you read the proposal.

The high non refundable licence cost, and the fully up front tag cost, coupled with a single draw ALL contribute the amount of submitted applications.
By changing the front tag cost to a flat fee( the amount wasn't stated) you have the potential to solicit additional applications and hence longer odds.
The floated tag cost are probably the most limiting fact for a lot of hunters. This may open the gate to longer odds for greater a cost ...the same licence plus the fee.

jm1607

WKR
I am wondering if you read the proposal.

The high non refundable licence cost, and the fully up front tag cost, coupled with a single draw ALL contribute the amount of submitted applications.
By changing the front tag cost to a flat fee( the amount wasn't stated) you have the potential to solicit additional applications and hence longer odds.
The floated tag cost are probably the most limiting fact for a lot of hunters. This may open the gate to longer odds for greater a cost ...the same licence plus the fee.

It will definitely be interesting to see what the fee is..

In my case believe it or not it's not the tag fee that's keeps me from applying right now, it's the license cost and CC fees. $200+ is alot to try for 1 species with no point system, especially for the sneaky-bad NR odds. At least for me it is and I put in for 14 different states and pay well over $1k each year.. I'm not complaining about it, it is what it is.. It's different than say Colorado OIL species (which I do put in for) because of the upfront/non-refundable fees. With the OIL species in CO being able to be paid by CC next year, I think the odds of those draws will tank HARD.. But, the fee is only $3 a piece. Anyone with a CC can put in for them for basically free. Very similar to NM Sheep..

I guess what I'm getting at is I don't think in this instance for this state that removing the tag fee upfront and jacking up the non-refundable fee will have much of a negative impact at all on odds because the fee will be so high.. In fact, if they jack the upfront costs up too high I could see it going the opposite direction.. I think only being able to apply for 1 species and the high non-refundable fee are almost entirely what keeps the odds where they are.. I guess time will tell ;)

*Also I'm just talking about the NR side, not residents

Last edited: