2005 Tacoma A/C Help!

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
WhiteOak, I will head out to the rig & go over the sound again & its exact location, thank you!

Blake, sounds like I will have to remove carpeting to locate the transition between metal & plastic! I'll check it out too! Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
WhiteOak, I will head out to the rig & go over the sound again & its exact location, thank you!

Blake, sounds like I will have to remove carpeting to locate the transition between metal & plastic! I'll check it out too! Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul

no you won't. put your hand on the glovebox. follow the plastic down to where you put your feet. it turns to metal just past the glovebox.

or

where you put your feet lift them straight up.

when i'm seated in the driver side i can reach over and hit it while driving.

BryanD

FNG
Ac systems are a closed system and you only have to add if there is a leak. I understand age and getting it by. From what you’ve described it sounds like it was empty of freon and to properly refill you would need to pull a vacuum before filling. The vacuum will also tell you if you have a leak. But just guessing I’m going to say your clutch went out and heated up the front seal on the compressor and all the freon leaked out. If that’s the case it needs a compressor, drier, and orfice tube/ expansion valve whichever it has then vacuum and recharge. Hard to diagnose on computer.

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Sorry for not being around guys, a family situation arose & took up my time! Still messing with the A/C --

BryanD, the Tacoma has 135,000 miles. No leak of any sort that I could tell. I've seen A/C leaks in the past & they were pretty obvious but no sign of one here! Too, I've had the truck 8 years & probably no more than 10-12 hours of A/C use by me. I rarely use it! Thank you!

ElkNut/Paul

BryanD

FNG
Quick cycling of the compressor can be from be overcharged as well. You can loosen the belt and spin compressor by hand to see if clutch bearing or compressor feel bad. The pulley should spin free all the time. You have to turn the very end to turn compressor. It will be a lil tough but without any catches. Really need to get a set of gauges put on it so you can see what the pressures are at and what they are doing. I’d gladly come help but I’m over on the east coast dreaming of big mountains lol.