Is this kind of a "Tag too Far"?

mrgreen

WKR
I was having coffee with two friends that just returned from a successful Muley/Antelope hunt. We began planning a western hunt for 2018. Coming from the East Coast, is it unrealistic to try for Elk, Mule Deer and Antelope for 3 guys? AND bring all the meat home?

FYI: I mostly want to go for archery Elk.

Last edited:

big44a4

WKR
Anything is possible. Depends how much time you have to hunt. I have a buddy that has killed two bulls on his own ranch the past two years and both hunts took 11+ days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was having coffee with two friends that just returned from a successful Muley/Antelope hunt. We began planning a western hunt for 2018. Coming from the East Coast, is it unrealistic to try for Elk, Mule Deer and Antelope for 3 guys? AND bring all the meat home?

FYI: I just want to go for archery Elk.
Just need a trailer, and 10 coolers, and about 6 bottles of ibuprofen

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
M

mrgreen

WKR
mfllood3800, I'm thinking this sounds like experience talking.

2peterhunter

Lil-Rokslider
It's possible. It is tough to do all three in one location. Pick two to do together. I prefer hunting mulies and antelope together because you can hunt mulies in the morning and evening and antelope all day. It is also a lot less physically demanding then elk. I also would not plan on filling all 9 tags. Doing doe antelope is a piece of cake and you should only use less then one day. Bucks can be tougher unless you have preference points. You should all be able to get antelope and hopefully mulies. Elk just get pumped if you get one or two. I have done this three times and have shot two out of three every trip. Try for 10-14 days. It also depends on how well you guys can hunt.

vanish

WKR
It is definitely doable, but it might be more stressful than fun, especially if you don't already know where to look for the animals.

spaniel

FNG
It's hard to find all three close enough, but doable. I have pulled off the triple in Montana in a week. Much of it depends on how quickly you can plan to score. Where I was, elk success is <10%. I got lucky and scored both a muley and bull on Day 2, so I had plenty of time for antelope. But the next two years I hunted the full week with no bull, and one year just got the antelope and the other just a whitetail and antelope.