Getting Meat Back from Newfoundland

Has anybody hunted Newfoundland and brought back meat recently? I am hunting moose with my dad next September and would (optimistically) like to have a game plan for getting the meat and antlers back at a somewhat reasonable price. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
we drove last fall so taking it back was easy.
there are trucking services that can be employed and also shipping from some processors as well if you use one. I would talk to your outfitter and see what's he has available

Fitzwho

WKR
Like the other guys have said, I would talk to the outfitter to see how he and his clients have been doing it lately. If you own a Yeti Hopper, you can squeeze about 40-45lbs of frozen meat in one and check it. This is how I packed half of my Moose meat back from Alberta in 2015. You could do this for the backstraps and tenderloins to keep them with you and have the rest processed and shipped back on a refrigerated truck.

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
contact Central Newfoundland Shipping 1-709-651-4427. You can transport back an average Newfoundland bull's meat with antlers and cape for around $350 to $400 total. They have a meat storage facility and they transport your meat to a central location within your state around December. You have several days to pick it up after it arrives.

rfgreenwell

Lil-Rokslider
+1 My outfitter arranged shipping with CNS and cost was about $400. The butcher vacuum packed the meat and it filled 4 styrofoam/cardboard shipping containers (like fish boxes). Butcher was pretty dear, maybe about $300 but did a great job. I am in Annapolis, MD and the closest drop points to me were Lancaster, PA or Newcastle, DE both about 125 mile drive. Meat was handled well, frozen solid, and communications turned out to be good on this end. Was a bit fearful on that end as some of my questions were answered a bit vaguely.