First post for classified items.

I don't want to start a big hubbub but I am a little leary about responding to someone who's first post is to something in the classifieds. I have had this happen twice today on two different forums. Once here and once on a fishing forum for salt water gear I am selling. What say you, move on or respond?
Thanks

OP
B
I did but it was not to respond to a classified. I have always been a little paranoid......

You're safe with PayPal (not F&F)...just insure item and require a signature if shipping to buyer.

OP
B
So this is what I did on this forum. I sent a PM and asked if he knew anybody here.He did and he is over on the Kifaru forum. Good enough for me.
On the fishing forum I blew them off - in a nice way.

Vids

WKR
I don't ship anything until the money shows up in my Paypal account, so I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Dirty-D

Lil-Rokslider
My first post here was to reply to a classifieds thread, I have been doing business on forums for over 15 years, just new to this one. If you have an issue ask the guy for references, you can search their username on other forums as well and see how well they are viewed by your peers.

I always try to assume the best and check for the worst, if they get offended by asking for references then your gut was right, if they gladly give you some, then you can worry less.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Dave,

Keep in mind a lot of new folks find this forum by doing a google search for "Item name for sale" as their search. I wouldn't be leery at all dealing with someone brand new to the website but of course be safe on your end, make sure you have the cash before shipping something out to them. Either PayPal or money order from usps.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
First post or not I generally treat everyone the same. PayPal for services and require a signature unless I know the person.

Live2hunt custom shelters

mvmnts

WKR
I've been on other subs where you need X number of posts before you get to play in the classifieds and I think that is a good approach. I would not deal with someone who's first post is in the classifieds, it's just not worth it. If you are going to do business, make sure you don't use paypal friends and family (unless you are a seller), and make sure you are shipping to a verified address and provide proof of shipment to paypal. That being said, paypal screws people over all the time, so don't rely on them to make things right, use your own judgement.

cdemarse

FNG
This is my first post. Lurked a long time. Just finally signed up. With that said I have bought things from new members on other sites. Just use PayPal goods/services. Not friends and family.

Trial153

WKR
I think things are fine here the way they are...don’t see any need to change things up at this time. I have bought and sold so much stuff on line and for the most part it’s been fantastic. In a way it has renewed my faith in some portions of humanity.