Ammunition manufacturing

Does anyone know what the laws are about selling hand loads in very small quantities to friends? My buddy wants me to make a load for him but I assume there’s some sort of gubment regulation or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

topher89

WKR
I would be less worried about the regulations than the potential lawsuit if something goes wrong. Whether it be a reloading issue or operator error, I would be concerned that if it was a transaction, you would up your liablity. Hopefully its a really good friend....

Maybe have the friend buy all the components and you reload it with them there? Or are you hoping to make a profit above the cost?

OP
itsTyrtruion
I didn’t think about the liability issue. I’ve never had a problem with the ones I’ve made myself tho. I guess that’s a good idea tho have him buy the components and just leave them at my house over a weekend.

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
I would be less worried about the regulations than the potential lawsuit if something goes wrong. Whether it be a reloading issue or operator error, I would be concerned that if it was a transaction, you would up your liablity. Hopefully its a really good friend....

Maybe have the friend buy all the components and you reload it with them there? Or are you hoping to make a profit above the cost?

This^^^^^^

Liability biggest issue.

BH107

FNG
I had a friend that did it for several years as a side business. He even sold at gun shows with no problem.

I would agree the he should buy the components. I would then invite him over and let him reload them with your close supervision. I am thinking if he ends up selling his rifle later, along with YOUR reloads, and something happens to the new owner's rifle. Introduce him to reloading, and he will thank you forever.

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
In order to legally sell reloaded ammo you have to have a manufacturers license from the Feds. You should also have liability insurance as well. If you are just loading some ammo for your close friends then I think that you would be ok with just having them buy the components. I wouldn't personally sell my own handloads but I do load for my father and father in-law.