What's your Dream Hunt?

WesternBounty

Lil-Rokslider
Mine hands down, and hopefully one day the hubby and I can put it in the works as an anniversary gift to ourselves is definitely New Zealand for Tahr and Red Stag. Not to mention I think it would just be cool to backpack New Zealand. Not sure if there are any drop camp options but that would be legit, haven't done much research on that aspect as its pretty costly and definitely for the future type deal.

Stid2677

WKR
My dream hunt would be a horseback hunt for Stone Sheep, a close 2nd would be the same for Elk. Riding in beautiful country and then hiking even deeper, taking an animal would just be the icing. Money spent on experiences can never be taken away, and those experiences will forever remain in your memories.

ChrisC

Lil-Rokslider
I dont want to avoid giving a specific answer, but for me any hunt that I hear nothing but nature, feel tiny compared to the landscape I'm in, and have good reason to believe that I may be the only person to have ever stepped whereever I may be standing. Sheep, elk, goat, tahr, either will suffice.

OP
WesternBounty

WesternBounty

Lil-Rokslider
My dream hunt would be a horseback hunt for Stone Sheep, a close 2nd would be the same for Elk. Riding in beautiful country and then hiking even deeper, taking an animal would just be the icing. Money spent on experiences can never be taken away, and those experiences will forever remain in your memories.

That would be a sweet hunt! I love horses and we are blessed to work with them on the cattle ranch! Those both sound like incredible hunts! If only we could do them all right!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream hunt is to have an entire unit of Colorado or Idaho to myself and my hunting crew for two weeks during September chasing elk. You said dream, and this scenario only exists in dreams. Right behind this is just a good archery elk hunt in an awesome draw unit in Colorado.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I can't think of anything that I want to hunt more than screaming bulls in September. But I also wouldn't mind going after Cape Buffalo, Kudu, and big Grizzlies with a bow. That would be a totally different rush, but I still prefer chasing big screaming elk because I have such an active role in that whole process.......instead of just stalking some animal.

OP
WesternBounty

WesternBounty

Lil-Rokslider
I can't think of anything that I want to hunt more than screaming bulls in September.

Screaming bulls in September is a hard one to beat. This is very true! Nothing like hearing all night screaming either! You know then, it’s gonna be a good morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

WKR
To go on an elk hunt with BuzzH.

That dude lays them down. Maybe then I could kill my first one. Lol

JDeanP

Lil-Rokslider
Early 1900's multi-elephant hunt with muzzleloaders throwing 1/4 lb. lead projectiles.

A non time machine reliant hunt? Asiatic water buffalo bow hunt in BFE Australia with no time constraint.

Stid2677

WKR
Likewise...moose hunt somewhere near the Brooks range would be a dream hunt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I had that dream,, best moose hunt ever.

vwGcaPgh.jpg

BuzzH

WKR
To really ask for more than I've already done...may be asking for too much.

Been very fortunate.

But, if pushed into a corner, lower-48 grizzly wouldn't suck...and I should have done it when I had the chance.