Hunting Separation Anxiety Part I, by Jared Bloomgren

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Flight.jpg

A lot of us take for granted the normal schedules and freedom we enjoy as Americans. Most of us have the ability to plan a fall hunting trip and head to the hills with our family and friends whenever we want. A very small percentage of Americans devote their lives to making and keeping our freedoms a reality. The brave and selfless men and women I'm talking about are our military of course. These folks do not always get to do what they want, when they want, and they make this sacrifice for the benefit of us all. So what's it like to be away from your family and friends sitting on some distant shore, thinking about chasing that trophy mule deer or bull elk? Rokslide staff writer Jared Bloomgren gives a little in site on this subject with this first part of a two part article - Hunting Separation Anxiety

Don't forget to subscribe to this thread by clicking on "thread tools" at the top of the page so you get the update when part two comes out in the coming weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roy68

WKR
It is with Honor, Great Respect, and Humility that I say Thank You Jared and to all the other service men & women that may read this.

SWOHTR

WKR
Great article, and I have to say I am a bit jealous of someone who can deploy and go on a hunt. That's not an opportunity afforded to those on ships! Chain of command must be very supportive!

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I thank you for your service Jared, missing your family and the traditions of the fall season must be difficult. The big mule deer and monster elk all probably thank you too!