Looking for a place...

Upland619

FNG
To get a skull boiled and bleached in the Denver area. Not looking for anything fancy, but certainly willing to pay. Any recommendations?

First time post, but I've been a long time lurker and admirer. I appreciate the help!

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You want it boiled for sure? There is a guy out in Indian Hills that does beetles (and degreases/whitens it). What is the type of skull (species/gender)? I have his 2017 pricing sheet.

OP
U

Upland619

FNG
Really apprieciate the suggestions guys! Because its so close I'm going to give Classic Antler Mounts a try.

Thanks again for the replies!

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Really apprieciate the suggestions guys! Because its so close I'm going to give Classic Antler Mounts a try.

Thanks again for the replies!

I see they are beetles and/or maceration which is good, both those are better results over boiling. :) Just an FYI for future references his prices look a little higher than the Indian Hills guy but there is that convenience factor for sure.

So what are you getting cleaned anyways? :)

KMT

WKR
Steves meat market in Arvada will do it do. Their guy uses beetles.

OP
U

Upland619

FNG
Thanks again for the suggestions guys! I'll keep these other services in mind for the next time. I talked to Marty over the phone to set up a drop-off time, he seems like a really nice guy who takes a lot of pride in his work, which is exactly what I was looking for. He's closest to home too, which is convenient. Originally, I didn't know that he uses beetles, but I'm looking forward to seeing the job they do and of course, the final product.

pods8 - I'm dropping off a unique 3x4 buck I killed during the 3rd rifle season here in CO (western slope). He's not a giant, but I shared a great hunt with my Dad and younger brother and for me, this is just another way to keep those memories alive for years. At work now, but if I remember to, I'll post a pic of him.