Kuiu customer service?

Scoot

WKR
All things considered I wish that somebody had grabbed me by the shoulders and told me to just buy once and cry once with packs. I had already learned that lesson on optics but I was a slow learner with packs. Now I have a Kifaru and wish that I had never fooled around with KUIU packs.

Ding ding ding!!! Listen to this guy!!! I dropped a ton of coin going from mediocre pack to mediocre pack. I would have saved a lot of money just buying a good one right away. If I were getting a new pack today I'd buy a Kifaru or SG through the classifieds here...

IdahoElk

WKR
I ordered a KUIU Icon Pro 3200 and an Ultra 3000 setup so that I could try out both setups. After loading both there was no question that the Ultra frame was lacking. This was about 3-4 years ago. I've also used the Icon 1850 for a few years, which is a decent pack if you don't have to carry much weight.

All things considered I wish that somebody had grabbed me by the shoulders and told me to just buy once and cry once with packs. I had already learned that lesson on optics but I was a slow learner with packs. Now I have a Kifaru and wish that I had never fooled around with KUIU packs.

Regarding the OP's question about CS I've had positive experiences 3-5 years ago but really poor experiences within the last two years. I've definitely been buying way less KUIU recently.

I have the pro 3200 and my friend has the ultra 3000,I can't tell the difference in the frame other than the belt pulls,what is the difference?

We both could have bought Kifaru but for our type of hunting they were overkill and heavy.There is no "one" best pack for everyone,these packs have worked well for us in the last 4yrs.

OP
Dusty2426

Dusty2426

WKR
I made contact with Todd. Very helpful and apologetic. Had no excuses (which I like) but made it right.

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
On the clothing side I have had excellent CS from KUIU. That said, I've needed it more than I would like. I won't buy anything from them anymore unless its a smoking deal.

troutdreamer

Lil-Rokslider
Annual sale starts tomorrow. 50% off some items.
I went ahead and purchased the Chugach jacket in the outlet I had been lurking to buy for quite some time. It was down to $129 so I figured I better buy now vs wait until it was gone. I am sure people will be crying because stuff is out of stock starting tomorrow.

I have the Icon Pro 3200, worked great for me for the last several years. I use it on day hunts along with one 5 day elk /deer trip each year. I am about 145 lbs and had it loaded to 70+ on an elk pack out recently and it did great for me and was pretty close to what I could comfortably carry for 4+ miles out of one of the WA state Wilderness areas.

Good luck on your pack purchase.

Just google KUIU pack forum...should find everything you ever wanted to know and not know. Sounds like they may be getting closer to importing a pack that doesn't have **** tons of issues, good for them.
Hahaha, key word: "importing"

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

2ski

WKR
My original question to them that they couldn't answer was
1. if I bought a icon pro 7200 would I be able to put a smaller ultra bag on the same frame
2. What is the significant difference between 3000 ultra and 3200 pro
3. Will the meat shelf still handle the Xl stuff sack with either bag attached if they are interchangeable.

I was a asking them because I have lurked enough boards that when you ask questions that's been asked before you usually get snipe answers like "use the search feature"
You won't get a snipe answer here. I don't know how many times I've seen people ask the same question on the last 4 years I've been on RS. People always answer here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I bought a new pair of "guide gloves" that I took on my sheep hunt this year (the ones with the special leather)
Wore through them to the skin on three of the finger tips and thumb on both gloves after 3 days of climbing.
Not happy.
Emailed them pics of the gloves and had a new pair at my door in 6 days.
So great customer service!
But product wise...don't think those gloves are something I could recommend

I was all in on Kuiu one season but based off of how things held up, my pack included i have continued to grow my collection of my old standby gear from FL and Kryptek. I cant say the customer service was horrible, just average i felt. My main issue was in how much i needed customer service in only one seasons worth of use? My pack overall was never that comfortable and the clothes didnt seem to hold up well to hard use.

Tango1

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Mystery Ranch too, especially if you’re in Bozeman. Stopped in to their Bozeman HQ last year to look at Pintlers and 10 min later I had Dana himself fitting me with a pack. 48 hours after that I was packing a bull out! Those guys are awesome!

JP100

WKR
I have dealt with KUIU CS ALOT. as their gear fails ALOT.
Have had really good customer service and alot of replacements under warranty,
I would never use their packs again.
Or any of their gear really.

Id rather not have to use customer service ever.

Jcberg

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had nothing but great customer service. Never had a failure with anything just needed some things in time for a hunt. Packed 9 animals out with their Icon Pro Pack. Nothing but good to say about them similar to all other hunting companies I’ve dealt with including Leupold, Kifaru, Stone Glacier, and Vortex.

I have the pro 3200 and my friend has the ultra 3000,I can't tell the difference in the frame other than the belt pulls,what is the difference?

We both could have bought Kifaru but for our type of hunting they were overkill and heavy.There is no "one" best pack for everyone,these packs have worked well for us in the last 4yrs.

3-4 years ago the frames were different. The Ultra had a lighter waist belt and even smaller chest straps. About 2 years ago I think Kuiu discontinued the old Ultra Frame and just stayed with the Icon frame. I've hauled out animals with both my Kuiu and Kifaru packs. Then one summer I tested my packs by loading each with a 50# sandbag and going stump shooting with my recurve. After a few shooting sessions I realized that my back only hurt the day after using the Kuiu.

Yes, the Kifaru is a little heavier but it is way more durable and is the only pack I use anymore.

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
My original 6000 bag (2011???) started to fail after an elk hunt earlier this fall. Quick email to Kuiu seeking a suggestion on how I might work around this or fix it, and they replied with send it back and they'd send me a whole new kit. Way beyond what was expected. It's not like this pack and bag have been lightly used over the last 5+ years but they not only replaced the 6000 but also the 3000 bag that I used on that old frame as well.

Well, I've not personally had any of my KUIU clothing fail ever. I've been buying and using it since the company was founded. So clothing quality has been superb for me. I've not owned a single piece of their gear...sleeping bags, packs, tents, etc...so no comment on their quality.

I've not had many reasons to contact their CS people, but they've been 10/10 for helping me with things r/t item sizing, availability, order status, returns and such. I'm well satisfied.

MT_Wyatt

WKR

The frame has been the same shape between the icon pro and ultra since it was released in like 2013. The difference was the suspension, which is the harness and waist belt. They have closed the gap recently as far as differences between the suspension and waist belt, as the ultra has been bolstered a bit. The icon Pro is the fattest/thickest shoulder harness I’ve seen on a backpack - much more so than I personally prefer. There’s horror stories out there as far as broken frames, but there’s also loads of good stories with either no issues or good CS if there is issues. Point is, if you like the pack, use it, and don’t worry about the internet chatter.

Most problems (3) I’ve had with kuiu product CS has been great, with exception of the alpine pant sizing - it isn’t even close to the attack, at least when I hI had alterations done and still couldn’t get them sized down to what the attack is, even though I purchased the same size. The reason I say that is I called CS to give them feedback, I felt the pant sizing was so bad it warranted it. They wanted to take them back, but I already had them altered so that was a no go. That was one situation where I was 100% unsatisfied, and tried to make the work and they just wouldn’t. Given the amount of clothing I’ve used of theirs, I expected a hell of a lot more from them CS wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ski

WKR
Check out Mystery Ranch too, especially if you’re in Bozeman. Stopped in to their Bozeman HQ last year to look at Pintlers and 10 min later I had Dana himself fitting me with a pack. 48 hours after that I was packing a bull out! Those guys are awesome!

You won't anymore. They don't have a retail location in their headquarters anymore. You have to go to Schnees to see the packs, so its not anyone that works for MR helping. Maybe you can go to Kenetrek and get some help. I see they sell them in their catalog.

GPATTI

WKR
Good info. I have a KUIU 5200 pack (my first pack owned with frame, etc.), which I bought for my first sheep hunt this year, and I really did not like it. Seamed to flop around quite a bit, and seams quite heavy. Honestly, haven't researched the others, so in all fairness I have nothing to compare to. I will definitely check out the other brands listed above. Sorry.....just realized this has nothing to do with the post topic!!! (But, it has helped me :) )