SKRE GEAR (New Pattern!)

Meh... on the pattern.

Personally I haven't tried Skyre gear. Any testimonials?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
For those who hunt in treestands the original pattern has worked well. Things may be different in open country.
I watched a bunch of does and young bucks wander around my daughter's stand last weekend completely unaware. She wore the hoody. She was holding out for Mr Big who got in range but never a clear shot.

Of course, my daughter is not a camo connoisseur. She buys what's on sale.

Last edited:
OP
H
I also thought the pattern might be too dark or it would simply blot out in the field, but to my surprise, the pattern worked really well in the many different areas I hunt in. Some of the others in my group would be some distance away and I was very pleased at the result of the break-up in the pattern. I am not sure how this new pattern (Summit) will be, but I am looking forward to what new items SKRE will have to offer.

I definitely like the original line. Love the Hardscrabble jacket and pants. They could use better zippers, but that's the only negative I've found. I still prefer First Lite merino over the SKRE stuff.

Hopefully the new camo will be lighter colored than is shown.

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

blackdog of vt

Lil-Rokslider
Easily the best deal on quality clothes. I had deer around me all season and was never spotted or spooked anything. My hunting buddies did comment on how well it blended into hardwoods. I'm sure the new pattern will do just as well.

dotman

WKR
I'd like to see a little brown added as well. Guess I'm not looking at the right place, where is the new pattern?

Ah, I see the pattern now thanks for posting video.

Sorta looks like a hybrid of FL Fusion and Sitka Subalpine. Subterfusion!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jd259

WKR
I’ve got their rain gear used it this year in Colorado and was very pleased with it it’s super light at packable and stayed dry the whole time only thing I wish it had pit zips other than that it’s awesome and if you watch camo fire it shows up in there for 100 bucks for pants and 100 bucks for jacket and I feel it’s just as good as any of the big three for a fraction of the price and it makes great wind breaker layer even if it’s not raining or snowing highly recommend it.