Any big guys fit into kuiu?

Agustus

FNG
Noticed the kuiu ad and wondered if any of you big guys fit into their stuff? I’m 6’6” and 255. Mostly legs... and wondered if their sizing is accurate.

I’d like the 38” sleeve length but would need 3x size (normally would wear a 2x)

Suggestions of other retailers that work better?

Many thanks
Rick

I am 6’3 250. 48 long coat. 37 sleeves and 38 / 34 jeans. A bit chesty but not in a tacky way.

Their pants work but I had to go size 40. I like the attacks. They are sorta skinny but not too bad.
Jackets -I wear a xxl for most brands and get away with an xl occasionally. In kuiu, it is strictl xxxl tops. I have a guide jacket, and some base layers. The one xxl is like a compression shirt. I tired some of their xxl and didn’t hav enough room in the shoulders or across the back.

I like kuiu but have found first lite and Sitka to fit better.

krausejmk

Lil-Rokslider
I was 6ft 255 and the 40 pants and 2xl tops fit me. Now I’m 200lbs and wear a 38 for their pants and still 2xl tops. The thighs in the pants are pretty snug

big44a4

WKR
Not your size but maybe proportions. Former college athlete 5’10 200 lb and 31” waist. Made the switch to First Lite since they have more room in the quads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6'4" 255lbs here.

Kuiu: I wear 3x, don't have any of their pants

Sitka: 2x-3x depending on how snug or loose I want. 42 pants fit me good.

First Lite 2x fits me perfect in most everything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was 6ft 255 and the 40 pants and 2xl tops fit me. Now I’m 200lbs and wear a 38 for their pants and still 2xl tops. The thighs in the pants are pretty snug

Congrats on the serious weight loss. I'm 6' and run 210-245 and find the KUIU fits same as you. Prefer Sitka Gear.

Noticed the kuiu ad and wondered if any of you big guys fit into their stuff? I’m 6’6” and 255. Mostly legs... and wondered if their sizing is accurate.

I’d like the 38” sleeve length but would need 3x size (normally would wear a 2x)

Suggestions of other retailers that work better?

Many thanks
Rick
Im basically the same size as desk jockey and minus an inch in height. I think the Attacks are the best pant on the market, for anything really. the cut has changed a tiny bit from canada to china but i size up to 40's for a little extra wiggle room in the thighs. with that said at 6'6" your inseam might to tall for the attacks, im a 34" and wouldn't want them any shorter.

I dont have any of their baselayers but a XXL guide jacket is as tight as I would want a jacket. T-shirt only under that bad boy due to my chest size.

the downfall to sitka is the upside to kuiu. Sitka for me runs notoriously short, and some of First lites stuff does as well. Kuiu has the extra length in most everything I have had from them that I look for.

wjohnson1983

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6'2" 240 with 35" sleeves and wear a 48R coat. Jeans are 36 x 32.

I think I bought a 2X top last year because I was 270 when I got it and that's the shirt size I wore at the time (2XLT). Anyways it was like stuffing a sausage into the that top. To me it fit like a large or a small XL. I'm not a fan of tight fitting clothes though either.

Fitzwho

WKR
6’ 5” - 300lbs. 3XL for the jackets are all perfect for me. 40 pants fit well also. As far as shirts, the new Peloton 97 in 3XL is a bit on the short side for the torso, but fits okay. The Tiburon 3XL is like a compression shirt. Really want to pick up the Peloton 200 vest when it finally comes out.

Elknutz

FNG
You asked for an alternative - I'm 6'5 235-245 wear 38X38 Jeans. I wear Kings Camo, only thing that fits my long legs. Their XKG series is quality hunting clothes. The Hunter series is good also, just doesn't have the newer fabric technology.

With the Kuiu founder being a former football player you'd think the clothed would fit us bigger fellas?

6’7” 250. I fit into xxxl stuff and the 42 pants. Biggest they go. The pants are long enough. One thing that helped me was wait till the got a free shipping deal then just order a bunch of stuff to try on. Then send it back once yer done. (If you can cuz it# so dang sweet)

I’m 6’4 230 athletic build and I can wear the xl base layers and they are very fitted. I have a Kenai I wore this year in XXL but it’s a little too snug for me. I just ordered a XXXL kenai and will be selling my XXL.

machinethomas

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a big guy. About 6’2” and weigh 265. I have been really happy with their new merino shirts in the green color in a 3XL. Fit loose and are plenty long, and I have a longer torso. Not sure if this is true on all their merino but I love the ones I have. I’ve got a 145 zip-t and the 125 short sleeve and both fit awesome. That said, I’ve got the short sleeve Peloton 130 in a 3XL and it’s a big more snug. I wear it on hikes and stuff, but definitely prefer those merino tops. I really like the Peloton 200 zip hoody as well. Good fit through body, could be an inch or two longer though. I’ve noticed all sleeves on Kuiu products to be plenty long as well.
Just FYI, the First Lite Chama, and Chama Hoody fit me very well in a 2XL. I also have one of their Llano SS in 2XL. The Llano is a bit tight, and could be longer in the torso. But the First Lite merino is my favorite.
I also fit well in the Sitka base layers in 3XL, lightweight hoody (could be longer in the torso for me but fits pretty well), core crew. And I love the Sitka Kelvin Lite Hoody (which I have in a 2XL) and it fits well. That’s an awesome jacket. I highly recommend it.