FL Woodbury Sizing

elkyinzer

WKR
I am thinking I am going to pick up a Woodbury for treestand hunting. No returns on this sale. Their large stuff the arms are too long for me and that really annoys me. But typically if I size down to mediums the torso is too short. Would the Woodbury sleeves be hemmable? What I really need is like a medium tall. Is FL outerwear just not for me?

Also does the ASAT sale mean they are phasing it out? Kind of a bummer and I get the business reasons but it's always been my personal favorite.

nrh6.7

WKR
Yes, ASAT is being dropped from FL's lineup, so get what you need now. Regarding the Woodbury, I just went through the same thing. I wear medium in all tops, but ended up having to exchange the WB for a large due to being tight in the armpits and shoulders. Wouldn't leave room for any layering. Should have the large tomorrow so hoping the sleeves aren't too long.

OP
elkyinzer

elkyinzer

WKR
Thanks nrh.

Also would yinz consider the Woodbury windproof, wind resistant, or like sitting there naked in a stiff breeze?

nrh6.7

WKR
It is designed for stand/stationary hunting, so it will block the wind. Plus it has a DWR coating so should do well when wet. Also has a shooter's cut so no worries about sleeves getting in the way of your bow. Material is very quiet.

Love my Woodbury. Does great in Wind and light rain.

It does have long arms, which is great for me at 6'4", I wear an XXL.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
elkyinzer

elkyinzer

WKR
To circle back...I went with the Medium, arm length is perfect. I would prefer another 1-2" in the back length, again, like a Medium-Tall, but it will do.

Great piece though. Saturday morning it was 28 degrees and I was toasty in the treestand just wearing a long sleeve llano underneath. I would imagine with my Sitka Kelvin Lite underneath I would be good down to single digits easy.

Finally retiring my 15 year old insulated cotton p.o.s. coveralls. Good riddance to those, killed a lot of deer but did a lot of shivering in them.

R.I.P. ASAT from FL. For whatever reason I really hate fusion and hate their newer pattern only slightly less. Not that the animals care they just don't appeal to my eyes.