Against The Grain

Wojo14

WKR
I have always been the guy that does it differently. I don’t typically like to do the normal. I bowhunt, but I do it with traditional gear. Now I am thinking about firearms season, but want to do it with a revolver. Anyone else prefer to hunt with revolver over a rifle? I like to get close and hunt. I keep my trad shots within 25 yards. I would like to keep firearms with in 100. I am from WEstern PA, so shots within 100 is pretty normal.
Any advise? Revolver stories? Caliber of choice? Model of choice?
Just thought I get a thread started.

I was thinking of using my 357 s&w with hand loads I have. I do not have it scoped, but thought about it. I am good out to 45yards no-scope.

~Wojo

N2TRKYS

WKR
I've killed several whitetails with my Ruger Super Redhawk 44 mag. I've killed an antelope buck, a mule deer doe, and a couple of whitetail does with my T/C Encore 308. I don't really care for pistol hunting that much, to be honest.

I have a couple of buddies who have shot deer and elk with large frame revolvers. I think it’d be a good time personally.

wytx

WKR
44 mag would be my choice. You can load up 44 special for practice and plinking. Ruger makes a great revolver, but our Colt's are very pleasant to shoot. I use my Delta Elite 10mm for hogs.
44 mag gets you more range and maybe pair it up with a lever action rifle over the 357.