Hauling climbing stands on SG packs

I've only done it with a hand climber but I can't see why not. If I could get my phone to cooperate I would post a picture.

I swapped the top ladderlocs buckles for side release so I could get the stand in and out.
6357dd681b2353efd24ddd63bf468110.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ethan

WKR
What ez said. I pack my LW on ,y Kifaru meat shelf a lot. Rides great

ahawk116

FNG
I️ pack mine all on a kifaru nomad 2 so I’m sure it can be done pretty simply.
56336038670e1e8862de747e3fcfddc1.jpg

Here’s a load out in October. Lone wolf assault. Climbing sticks, clothing and a boned out buck. Except the shoulders were bone in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Virginian

Lil-Rokslider
I started using a LW hand climber this year and was trying to carry it on a Kuiu 6000 but It was a hassle to get it all strapped on, it took too long. So I started using LW back straps and just tying a small pack to it. It wasn't optimal either because I can't pack meat or anything beyond a little gear. Looks like I can use this as an excuse to by a Kifaru.

I will say that after all my experimenting with meat shelfs and cargo panels for hauling a stand I ended up settling on an internal frame pack and putting the stand on the back of that. I use a spike camp and grab it now.

Lheise88

FNG
f85288ac5b2136b01c4a202699477230.jpg

I put my Lone Wolf Alpha 2 between my exo Frame and bag. I use the LW quiver for my sticks and they go between the bag and frame as well. Pretty easy to strap it to the frame and the bag etc. Just can’t run the top lid easily. Makes me wish the exo had more pockets on the outside. Be pretty cool if someone would make a pack that was geared more towards taking stands in and out everyday and whitetail hunting. Don’t see that happening though lol

They mentioned a kifaru pack geared towards this on one of the gritty bowmen podcast one time but I don't think think anything came off it. I doubt there is much of a market for high end whitetail specific packs and the stuff they already make works perfectly fine.

Dameon

WKR
I haul my Hawk Helium Kickback and 4 Helium sticks on my MR Longbow pack. I put the stand between the bag and frame and use the front buckles to hold on the sticks. I have a load sling from Rugged Stitching I use as a beaver tail to suck everything in and stop the load from shifting.

My stand is huge compared to a Lone Wolf, but it is light enough that I think the bulk is worth the comfort for all day sits. If anyone tries a Hawk hang on stand, replace the hanging strap with a ratchet strap. I spent 20 minutes trying to loosen the hanging strap before I said F it and just cut the dang thing. I really did not want to leave my stand on crowded public lands.

OP
T
I’ve tried hauking my summit viper but the platform is just so BIG that it’s not worth the hassle— straps here, straps there, straps everywhere!

ahawk116

FNG
Before I️ bought my kifaru I️ ran a Molle strap and hip belt on my lone wolf. From there i would use the tree straps attached together with the Carabeaners I used on my lineman’s belt to strap down a small daypack on the back of the stand. That also worked pretty well, but it’s not as neat of a system.