"Mancave" Decor and Ideas

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
On the sports side of things, Pristine auction has awesome stuff that goes for cheap. If you have a favorite team, I see signed NFL jerseys selling for $40-$100 all the time

VernAK

WKR
A spare bedroom in our basement doubles as my home office/gear organizing/hunt planning room. I hung a big map on the wall of an area I am planning to hunt in the next few years to stare at and get familiar with. It was only going to be temporary but now it's become one of my favorite things in the room. Sooo... maps. Mytopo.com will make maps of specific hunting units, or standard topos, satellite imagery, and a few other options. Check them out for sure, maps are cheap compared to expensive artwork and I never get bored looking at them. If I had the coin I'd get one of the magnetic maps from hunterra, but now you're talking a few hundred dollars. One of those is on my wishlist for an area I like to hunt here in ND.

YUP!.......Buy some good maps to cover one wall.....you'll spend some time perusing same!

SWOHTR

WKR
A spare bedroom in our basement doubles as my home office/gear organizing/hunt planning room. I hung a big map on the wall of an area I am planning to hunt in the next few years to stare at and get familiar with. It was only going to be temporary but now it's become one of my favorite things in the room. Sooo... maps. Mytopo.com will make maps of specific hunting units, or standard topos, satellite imagery, and a few other options. Check them out for sure, maps are cheap compared to expensive artwork and I never get bored looking at them. If I had the coin I'd get one of the magnetic maps from hunterra, but now you're talking a few hundred dollars. One of those is on my wishlist for an area I like to hunt here in ND.

Yep, I did this, this year in my garage gym. Look at the map between sets.

I recommend only displaying things that have some kind of story or meaning behind them: the giant deer you shot the last day of the season, the rug you bought while on deployment overseas and has AK-47s stitched into it, the "National Forest Property Behind This Sign" tin sign you found half-buried in the ground, etc. Sure, the walls may be a bit bare for a few years, but it's better than spending hundreds (or thousands) of dollars on "things" just for the sake of having "things" to look at. I would also not advocate for prominently displaying "nice camo"...mostly because I'm not sure what that gets you?
I'm in agreement with this. I also like old antique stuff, repurposed stuff, and stuff that I made. I'm not too fond of just the regular stuff you find at Cabela's or your favorite sporting goods store. Anyway, JMO.

huntcoop

WKR
...I would also not advocate for prominently displaying "nice camo"...mostly because I'm not sure what that gets you?

I should have been a little more specific, like having a few coat hangers in a corner with you gear hung. Realistically my family never goes down into my man cave, it's for me to have all my stuff that's why I was asking about backpacks and clothing.

ortho004

FNG
I’m in the process of buying a new house currently, but when I’m setting up my workspace/storage area I plan on including some old advertisements for archery/hunting products. eBay has some old ads that would be kind of cool to frame and have displayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should have been a little more specific, like having a few coat hangers in a corner with you gear hung. Realistically my family never goes down into my man cave, it's for me to have all my stuff that's why I was asking about backpacks and clothing.
Okay, how about a reloading bench and a fly tying table for starters?

Jimbo V

WKR
I think vintage fly fishing stuff is pretty cool, as well as old wood decoys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like we need a few pics....I keep all my stuff in the basement and for ease of cleaning painted the floor then stenciled some elk tracks...for some simple decor made a few tables with sheds and put some sheds in baskets which stay put until Magnum says those are mine dad👍 And an elk hide always adds some character👊

Attachments

• 44AEC8DD-A49E-4467-828F-1AE5049DF7DF.jpg
    44AEC8DD-A49E-4467-828F-1AE5049DF7DF.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 6528B83F-DF06-4E33-AD5A-0D351EC45434.jpg
    6528B83F-DF06-4E33-AD5A-0D351EC45434.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 33D59F2B-0414-4648-8B28-1EAF87C729B2.jpg
    33D59F2B-0414-4648-8B28-1EAF87C729B2.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 140
  • CB55BE5D-33ED-4480-B687-1110B4A8C6DC.jpg
    CB55BE5D-33ED-4480-B687-1110B4A8C6DC.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

George

Lil-Rokslider
Your garage is styling prconnection.

Photos and maps are good.

DSC08713 (1200 x 900).jpg

Sure some deer heads.

DSC08718 (1200 x 900).jpg

A heavy bag and some iron laying around somewhere for a nice accent.

7 16 co 007 (600 x 800).jpg

I'll confess, my whole house is a "mancave"

G

Muttly

WKR
But you should try to sneak in a new rifle!!
When the interrogation begins, claim it was in " storage", or some such...

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
But you should try to sneak in a new rifle!!
When the interrogation begins, claim it was in " storage", or some such...

I've used this already too much LOL she knows now.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Does anyone know of a good website for Wildlife prints? I tried googling but wasn't keen on a lot of prices I found. Nothing in Fargo has any as Scheels got rid of most.