First Lite follows suit .....

There is a small shop here in my town who just told me is some how a FL dealer. My mind was blown. I've never seen anything FL in his lil shop. More bows and archery stuff, some Crispi boots, but no FL. In fact I believe he just got his first item from FL, and they were Corr Guide Pants. I will head in and talk to him and see if he is even aware of this upcoming change. He may need to get his stuff at dealer cost pronto.

All My FL gear came either by FL direct, Black Ovis, Midway, Cabelas or Amazon- in that order as far as qty goes too.
I have yet to buy anything in a store, as I am remotely placed, so its all been online.

I tried to get everything thru B/Ovis, for the 10% but also cause I feel they are connected to us, but it has always been hard finding the right pattern and size at a decent price at just one place. I have therefore had to visit other places and accidently discovered Amazon as a retailer a month ago.

Given where I live it's a complete non-issue for me. I have NO ability to try on anyone's hunting clothing without driving at least an hour and more like 2 hours. I'm used to buying and returning for best size. Considered as time and cost of travel vs cost of return...I'll gladly return an item and save my vehicle expenses. I buy almost 100% of my premium hunting gear online now. Stores get a few of my dollars but not many.

I would hope this direct-to-consumer model means FL will have better inventory management and stocks. Welcome to the future which is arriving...yesterday and today.

Unfortunately I might have to steer away from them then, there is something to be said about being able to try on clothes before purchasing. Their sizing is very hit or miss for me and having to potentially pay for shipping two ways if something doesn't fit isn't a great feeling.

Amazon usually offers free return shipping, so if they went with this model it may be okay. Since they are partnering with Amazon you may see more free shipping both directions.

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
The only hunting shop near me that is worth a damn doesnt carry FL anyway so this won't effect me any. Beyond the ears which is the only shop in my state that's i think carries first lite is 2 hours away and does offer some discounts so if they go away I think I will be buying first lite gear used exclusively.

Mtnboy

WKR
I have mixed feelings. I get that they want to streamline and keep as much profit for themselves, and that's their right, but...

They built their brand and popularity on the backs of 100+ retailers for the last 10 years...now they are super popular (which wasn't always the case) and they are pulling the rug out from under people who have been pushing the First Lite brand for years.

Some here seem to think this is only brick and mortar stores, this is also affecting online dealers like S&S Archery, Argali Outdoors, Linton Outdoors, Midway USA etc. etc.

Pricing will drop some. They will also have an all new line in 2018 from what I hear. Nothing will really be the same products as it is now.

Also, Kryptek is not on this model. They work with retailers still.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Kulshan

Lil-Rokslider
Should be an interesting year for FL.

Locally, I haven't seen FL products in stores for a couple years. I cant blame them for the change hopefully it will be successful.

Will the product line stay the same... clothing only or will it change into a Kuiu line with sleep systems, tents, etc.

dotman

WKR
I have mixed feelings. I get that they want to streamline and keep as much profit for themselves, and that's their right, but...

They built their brand and popularity on the backs of 100+ retailers for the last 10 years...now they are super popular (which wasn't always the case) and they are pulling the rug out from under people who have been pushing the First Lite brand for years.

Some here seem to think this is only brick and mortar stores, this is also affecting online dealers like S&S Archery, Argali Outdoors, Linton Outdoors, Midway USA etc. etc.

Pricing will drop some. They will also have an all new line in 2018 from what I hear. Nothing will really be the same products as it is now.

You can’t run a business on emotion and business is always ever changing and change should be made before it is too late. If companies don’t do what is beneficial to them because others profited off their product and now that market channel is reducing in business then your business will fail.

All the businesses that carried Kryptek I knew of haven’t had it for a few years, Scheels is the only one I know of in Kansas City area.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I work as a Controller for a small company in the baby world that is similar to First Lite. All of our Amazon retailers are growing, but all of our boutique brick and mortar stores have been closing one after the other all year long. From where I'm sitting I can see why they did this. As they say in the press release, "customers dictate the direction" they're buying from big online retailers, not from small mom and pop shops. It's a sad situation but there's no stopping it you have to move with and try to stay ahead of the market or get left behind. Hopefully you make the right decision as a company. I'm a First Lite fan, overall they're a good company but small and trying to keep their customers happy and this is how they think they can do it.

Good points,

Not to mention First Lite is holding the bag if one of the stores go bankrupt.

IMO the prices will defiantly go down.

HookUp

WKR
This is a solid move for FL. Keeping with major online retailers is the key here, the future is Amazon and internet sales. No reason to invest the time and energy with brick and mortar it will not pay off long term.

Pro953

WKR

Not sure I would say anyone builds a brand on the back of retailers. No outdoor retailer is forced to carry a clothing brand. I am sure the business made its margin as well selling the item. A brand like first light does not have the leverage of some brands to “force” a retailer to do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good points,

Not to mention First Lite is holding the bag if one of the stores go bankrupt.

IMO the prices will defiantly go down.
I'm more willing to expect prices just not to increase much or hold. I'd be happy to be proved wrong!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mlucashr

FNG
Can’t remember the last time I️ bought clothes in a store. This is appealing to the younger market and the way everything is going. Amazon thing is pretty cool, if your a prime member some of you guys living out east are looking at free 2 day shipping.

KBC

WKR
It would be awesome if they could get some stuff on Amazon .CA at a reasonable price so us Canadians don't get screwed with duty charges and ridiculous exchange rate conversions. Most of those dudes seem to be coming to Canada to hunt a lot, how about getting us a better deal ;)

Consumers have forced this move. I can’t count how many times I’ve seen someone walk into a store and find something, only to look it up on their phone and find it online for cheaper, then order it from there. It’s to be expected.