New BG Ascent Verdict Assault/ setup help

MylesH

FNG
I just bought the new 2018 Ascent Assault with a 6" dovetail and was wondering if someone could explain how to setup my pins. If I want my #3 pin to be my slider pin, do I shoot that pin at 40 and 60 instead of 20 and 60?

I just bought the new 2018 Ascent Assault with a 6" dovetail and was wondering if someone could explain how to setup my pins. If I want my #3 pin to be my slider pin, do I shoot that pin at 40 and 60 instead of 20 and 60?

Are you talking about to see what tape to use?

If you have a three pin sight you bottom pin can start where ever you first two fall off

I don’t shoot a 20 pin. So my three pins are 30,40,50... then I dial down from there on out.

OP
MylesH

MylesH

FNG
Are you talking about to see what tape to use?

Kind of, I am confused, if I shoot my third pin at 40 yards and then 60 with the sight housing all the way at the top of the slider will that let me be able to sight in my two other pins at 20 and 30 yards?

OP
MylesH

MylesH

FNG
If you have a three pin sight you bottom pin can start where ever you first two fall off

I don’t shoot a 20 pin. So my three pins are 30,40,50... then I dial down from there on out.

So I should shoot my first and second pin and leave them be after and then just sight in my third pin at 40 and 60?

Trial153

WKR
start by setting your middle pin in the center of your sight houseing. make sure your moveable sight is at the zero postion ( you want the moveable section and the fixed section to be flush at the top. this lets you always return to zero) .
Then use the gang adjustment to keep the middle pin centered and sight it in. for example say your running 25,35,45....set and sight your 35 pin first.
then use the individual adjustmnets to set your 25 and 45 yard pin. You will now have it centered in the housing, at zero stop and all three pins are sighted in.
Now its time to set your floating pin, you stated you where using the bottom pin, howver the process is the same for any pin you float. I personally float the center pin.

set in place a blank tape on the tape face. Make a mark at the 45 point, where the needle meets the tape. Now use your dial and raise the floater pin, adjust the floater till you have a 20 yard mark on your tape. then lower the floater and sight in a 60 yard and 80 yard.
You should have line at 20,45,60,80.
Set your sight back to zero. take the tape off and line the marks up to the closest matching preprinted tape you can find.
after you done that then place your tape on the sight with the needle at the 45 yard mark. your good to go.

texag10

WKR
Do exactly what Trial153 said.

I used that exact same process setting up my sight. I also have a 3 pin ascent verdict and set my pins at 30-40-50 with the 50 as the floater. Thought about adding a 4th but I'm accurate enough stacking pins that I've decided not to bother.

sneaky

"DADDY"
start by setting your middle pin in the center of your sight houseing. make sure your moveable sight is at the zero postion ( you want the moveable section and the fixed section to be flush at the top. this lets you always return to zero) .
Then use the gang adjustment to keep the middle pin centered and sight it in. for example say your running 25,35,45....set and sight your 35 pin first.
then use the individual adjustmnets to set your 25 and 45 yard pin. You will now have it centered in the housing, at zero stop and all three pins are sighted in.
Now its time to set your floating pin, you stated you where using the bottom pin, howver the process is the same for any pin you float. I personally float the center pin.

set in place a blank tape on the tape face. Make a mark at the 45 point, where the needle meets the tape. Now use your dial and raise the floater pin, adjust the floater till you have a 20 yard mark on your tape. then lower the floater and sight in a 60 yard and 80 yard.
You should have line at 20,45,60,80.
Set your sight back to zero. take the tape off and line the marks up to the closest matching preprinted tape you can find.
after you done that then place your tape on the sight with the needle at the 45 yard mark. your good to go.
Or, better yet, input your data and measurements in Archers Advantage and get a better tape printed out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Or, better yet, input your data and measurements in Archers Advantage and get a better tape printed out.

This is obviously after you have done your sight in process lol

Trial153

WKR

I haven’t found AA or pin wheel to be much if any better then pre printed tapes. Regardless It didn’t seem relevant to the OP as I am sure a set of tapes came with his new sight.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I haven’t found AA or pin wheel to be much if any better then pre printed tapes. Regardless It didn’t seem relevant to the OP as I am sure a set of tapes came with his new sight.
I've found some pretty big discrepancies in the pre printed tapes and the ones I've made. After I've inputted my peep height, exact arrow weight and length, fletching, distance between peep and pins, I've always had a more consistent tape than the pre printed ones. It's like $12 or so for the AA program for a year, worth it in my experience.