Flying with a havalon handle

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone tried it? I’m headed to Mississippi tonight. Will buy blades there if the let me through. I asked TSA and they said they are not prohibited but the agent on duty has the final say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
Not sure why it would be a problem. It’s almost all plastic so it doesn’t look like a knife either. I assume checked baggage isn’t an option?

OP
Odell

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure why it would be a problem. It’s almost all plastic so it doesn’t look like a knife either. I assume checked baggage isn’t an option?

Yeah don’t want to check bags

I flew back from Illinois with one in my pack with multiple spare blades. Competely unintentional and never realized it until unpacking at home. Wether they didn't care or if I got lucky I'm not sure.

Carlin59

WKR
Would be interested to hear how this works out for you. In a similar situation I had planned to do the same thing (handle in carry on bag, no blades) but wimped out and shipped it home for $4 to avoid any potential TSA hassle. Left some blades at WI deer camp so I can hopefully do the carry on thing next year.

Fitzwho

WKR
Flew back from Canada in 2015 with my Havalon handle (may have also had blades in the bag that they made me throw away). But didn’t have any issues after that.

I fly with guns, bows and knives and never have a problem...just make sure it is in a checked bag.

OP
Odell

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Carried it on and no problems. Hopefully I’ll get it bloody soon with a nice whitetail