How to use Velcro without making a sound.

idcuda

WKR
Dang it - that's the last straw. I thought my wildest dreams were about to come true, but no such luck. I guess it's time to develop a velcro-less gaiter on my own. I'm tired of not being able to tighten my boots' laces while hunting, just because they're locked under that wretched velcro.

I'm going to replace the velcro on my gators with a waterproof zipper and see how it works for this ^^^^ very reason

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Randle

WKR
Haha. Seriously though, I had to take my gaiters off a couple years ago. And I kid you not at the sound of slow velcro a bull fired off about 100 yards away. We joke about it to this day.

Randle

WKR
I just use the 2x4 method . Takes 2 hours to open 4 inches. 1 loop at a time.......

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
I still can't understand while hunting companies make gloves with Velcro wrist closures. Makes no sense.

Dobermann

WKR
'How to use Velcro without making a sound' ... that's some false advertising, right there!

But I still enjoyed learning the trick. I can see the real value in this being teaching it to others - right up close.

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
Dang it - that's the last straw. I thought my wildest dreams were about to come true, but no such luck. I guess it's time to develop a velcro-less gaiter on my own. I'm tired of not being able to tighten my boots' laces while hunting, just because they're locked under that wretched velcro.

I use gaiters quite a bit here in Washington and if your buckles are in good shape you can just un-buckle the strap that runs under your boot, roll up the gaiter and re lace your boot and then re-buckle. It’s not perfect but it’s better then tearing the velcro loose.

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
Ha! funny even though predictable. On a serious note though you can grunt/cow call/bugle/yelp/bleat/whatever call your using to cover the sound.

idcuda

WKR
I use gaiters quite a bit here in Washington and if your buckles are in good shape you can just un-buckle the strap that runs under your boot, roll up the gaiter and re lace your boot and then re-buckle. It’s not perfect but it’s better then tearing the velcro loose.

Worth a shot - thanks!