Scotland Stag hunt questions

ROJO23

FNG
Well we are planning on going back to Scotland next summer. I am looking to see if someone has hunted stag in Scotland, and if you could recommend the guide you used? We will be staying just south of Inverness

thanks
ROJO

Well we are planning on going back to Scotland next summer. I am looking to see if someone has hunted stag in Scotland, and if you could recommend the guide you used? We will be staying just south of Inverness

thanks
ROJO
What are the regulations? I lived there for a while but never did any hunting. I'd love to go back and do a stag hunt.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

basically two types of hunts

Culls and trophy hunts

Conducted either from a high seat or stalk.

Roe deer spot and stalk in June is a riot. And affordable. Days are long.

Check out their bothie system.

If you don’t mind tikka’s most outfits have one for loan.

I too would love to do this! I'd contact Henry Skeffington with Real Big 5 and I bet he'd line you up with something.

Wapiti1

WKR
I've looked into this a bit, but haven't found the time to do it. Still on the list since it is one of the few places I can do a vacation with a hunt rather than a dedicated hunt.

There are a couple of ways to do it. You can stay at an estate and hunt it with their resident gamekeeper/s, or you can enlist the services of a stalker and hunt the estates that they manage/lease. Option 1 is more spendy, but you get to stay in a 100-300 year old estate. The other option is usually a daily rate plus trophy fee and you meet them at the estate for the hunt. There are also some packages that include wingshooting, etc. Bring your guns, or rent one. Either works, just know the rules on bringing your own. It is not too hard, but there are storage rules to follow.

SportingLets and Athina Sporting are two that I got good recommendations for. One nice thing about the UK is that they take this very seriously, so the sketchy outfitters you find elsewhere don't seem to exist. The estates take game management seriously, and are very selective about the stags that are harvested.

Jeremy