Reliable Testers Needed for Off Grid Food Co.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
my hunt partner pours dry instant oatmeal into his mouth for breakfast. washes it down with coffee and water. he is a bad ass hunter tho.

Hmmmmm.......never tried it that way. Might have to give it a shot. It's the consistency that I can't handle, that's why oatmeal cookies are fine. I still remember as a kid telling my parents "You can make me sit here for weeks......but that stuff is NOT going down".

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
my hunt partner pours dry instant oatmeal into his mouth for breakfast. washes it down with coffee and water. he is a bad ass hunter tho..

bleech.

I gave up on breakfast predawn this year. I add 150cal of powdered coconut oil to my coffee to put some fuel in the tank and then just start into my dry food a little later in the morning (when sitting down to glass or such) which I eat all day long except for a hot dinner. But that was as a result of dealing with oatmeal prior, pass! Who knows this stuff could be good though, I might give it a try at some point. I just have trouble trying to force food down right after waking up that early.

Hi all, thanks for all the entries but we chose last night and posted up our testers in post #15. I’ll edit it into the lead post so it’s clear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOoooooooo.........
this cant be, I just told the wife to not get groceries this month, that Rokslide was sending free meals.
Now we are gonna starve

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
my hunt partner pours dry instant oatmeal into his mouth for breakfast. washes it down with coffee and water. he is a bad ass hunter tho..

bleech.

Balls of steel there

Spencer@OffGridFoodCo.

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Meals are in the works, started this year with breakfasts and snacks.. We are working through the licensing for meals as we speak! We are making them "in-house" and not outsourcing it so the process has been extensive! Our first lineup of 4 dinners should be approved any day, and ready to go as soon as we get the thumbs up!

Spencer@OffGridFoodCo.

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I checked them out when they became sponsors for the site and maybe I missed it again but does Off Grid only have the fuel bars and breakfast options? Do they plan on expanding? I don’t really eat breakfast in the morning when I am hunting and oatmeal isn’t my first choice for dinner.

Meals are in the works! We are making them ourselves and not outsourcing them, so the process has been pretty cumbersome... our first 4 meals should be ready to roll first month or two of 2018, currently waiting for the thumbs up on the licensing!

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, but this is Rokslide, not Martha Stewart.

I think you mean Rachel Ray. Martha cooks with Snoop Dogg, and if we are getting food coming out of that kitchen, I’m not sharing 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Meals are in the works, started this year with breakfasts and snacks.. We are working through the licensing for meals as we speak! We are making them "in-house" and not outsourcing it so the process has been extensive! Our first lineup of 4 dinners should be approved any day, and ready to go as soon as we get the thumbs up!

I don't know if it's even possible, but how many calories can you pack into a single meal? I'd love to find a 3k calorie dehydrated meal out there that weighs in under 6oz.

Since I don't eat breakfast all my calories come from lunch, dinner, and snacks. But quite frankly, during an elk season I don't eat even half the calories that I would at home. A MH meal for dinner and a couple snacks the rest of the time is my usual up there......along with lots of coffee. That's why I lose ~20lbs every season. Would love some high calorie options if they're even possible.

colersu22

WKR
Meals are in the works! We are making them ourselves and not outsourcing them, so the process has been pretty cumbersome... our first 4 meals should be ready to roll first month or two of 2018, currently waiting for the thumbs up on the licensing!

Awesome Spencer, I look forward to trying the new meals out.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
OK, I just put my order in. Rather than just get the gift card amount, I ordered every instock item except for the trail mix. I’ve got a home made recipie for trail mix that I have learned the hard way not to deviate from so hopefully one of the other testers orders that one. Will report back later...

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds great Steve O. Hopefully you like it as you own a lot now!

NDGuy

WKR
OK, I just put my order in. Rather than just get the gift card amount, I ordered every instock item except for the trail mix. I’ve got a home made recipie for trail mix that I have learned the hard way not to deviate from so hopefully one of the other testers orders that one. Will report back later...

Mind sharing your trail mix recipe? If it is a family secret PM me I am a die hard trail mix lover

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
No secret ND, just tried to make it more “healthy” for a trip across the Grand Canyon with my daughter this year and the bits of dark chocolate turned it into a HUGE mess. Dark Chocolate M&Ms are the key...then almonds, walnuts, cashews, pistachios, really any “fancy” non peanut nut mix, shaved coconut, dried cherries, and if I feel motivated some other dried up fruit I will chop up. Works great alone, as a dessert, or even to spruce up the morning oatmeal.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I placed my order today for the reviews and ordered one of everything. If you haven't gone to the website yet, do it as the ingredients alone will make you buy them. They look really really good.
On another note, I called and spoke with Spencer about the products in general and was super impressed. He said they have four meals in the works and bison, poultry and quail were mentioned as ingredients. Oh yeah! I did ask him about pricing and that is still being computed but he did say it would be somewhere in between mountain house and heathers choice. Looks like a real good company to do business with.

Randy

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Well, my package showed up and the jerky is GONE. Son, daughter and a couple of their friends tried a taste and decided it was excellent...poof. Great flavor, it’s go a little Cayenne in it and the perfect consistency, not all dried out chalk like some. Off to a great start.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Dug into the fuel bars this morning. Amazing. The flavors I got were lemon raspberry and key lime and they are extremely tasty and you could close your eyes and taste exactly that. If you don’t like coconut, these will not be for you as that is the basis of them. I love coconut! I’d liken them to a dense Rice Crispy treat, only healthy and better tasting. You could eat these for breakfast, dessert, or snacking while sitting and glassing. These will be going along with me in the fall for certain! I am impressed; best bar I’ve ever had.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I am really impressed with Spencer’s stuff. I dug into the “Rise and Grind” yesterday for breakfast. It is substantial!

It’s a mix of nuts/fruits/seeds along with powdered milk and protein powder. It had a bit of a chocolate milk vibe going. Definitely will fuel you and fill you up. The dude is making healthy stuff that tastes great. Every package has impressed me and I can see taking everything I have tried so far back into the field again with me. I’m looking forward to the Predator Fuels.