Reliable Testers Needed for Off Grid Food Co.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all,
the last few years, I've really tried to include members in our gear testing when possible. After all, many of our members hunt more than we do! Most of the time these projects work out well, but every once in a while I'll get a member who takes the gear, then gives me some whine job on how they're too busy to give feedback! While I actually enjoy banning these lazy excuse makers (Proslayer comes to mind), I'd rather get the feedback on the gear to share with you all. So if you're a compulsive I-enter-every-contest-I-see-on-the-internet kind of guy, click of this post now.

attachment.php

For the rest of you, Rokslide sponsor Off Grid Food Co. and I arranged for three $35 shopping sprees for members willing to give honest feedback with some pics on the food right here on this thread after they receive it. I know hunting season's about shot, but I'd really like to see it go to those with some remaining hunts, but realize that might not be possible.

So, enter up why you'd be a good tester (no need to write a book) and how soon you could give some feedback on each item you tried. Hint, I'm looking for guys with hunts still going on. As time's short, I think I'll announce winners as I see good entries come in so Spencer can get the food coming your way. You can check out their current offerings here: Backcountry Foods For Hunters | Off Grid Food Co.

If you're interested in the feedback, be sure and subscribe to "Thread Tools" top of this post and you'll be notified when they post.

attachment.php

Update: We chose our Testers! See post 3 and 15. No more entries please. Watch for another opp like this when Off Grid Launches their meals. Thanks everyone

Last edited:

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Two tags remaining and will be hunting until Dec 31 in MN and Jan 7th in ND. Would like to try their products and will give immediate feedback.

nickstone

WKR
Robby, I still have a bear tag I need to fill and will be going hunting on trips every thurs-sunday evening from now until its filled, or Jan 1. After that I'm headed to Texas for a public land whitetail/hog/Nilgai archery hunt from Jan 5-15

Me and 7 other guys just got together at Lake Sonoma for the NorCal rokslide rondy that Can'tHitem put together. It was great to be able to check out in person all kinds of packs, optics, shelters and all kinds of other gear that other roksliders were using.

The majority of stuff that fills my gear room was based on feedback from other members here who had previously tried the item, I'm very thankful for that and would like to have a chance to do my part and give back.

I would love to test some food and will be cow elk hunting after Christmas if that's not to late for you. I have mostly given up on dehydrated meals but who knows. Maybe they can convert me back.

Shraggs

WKR
I only have a few posts, ha. But have learned a lot here. I backpack hunt Colorado every year now and I hunt in the Midwest for mature whitetail, and vermin

I have one tag each left for Ohio and Michigan to fill and 3 short trips planned to Ohio and local Michigan hunting in between.

Also, I am a diabetic and the right food is crucial for me. Some dehydrated meals are a challenge medically.

John

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ll be hunting thru Christmas break with my defensive lineman son who is home from college. I’ve been making my own dehydrated food to take to the mountains because I have got my lifetime Mountain House limit. Just tying the words makes me want to heave! I’ve tried many options and believe I have a good base of information to compare.

colersu22

WKR
I checked them out when they became sponsors for the site and maybe I missed it again but does Off Grid only have the fuel bars and breakfast options? Do they plan on expanding? I don’t really eat breakfast in the morning when I am hunting and oatmeal isn’t my first choice for dinner.

dotman

WKR
I’m not in on this but rokslide sponsors are the best! Look forward to the reviews!

Robby,

I’m getting ready to lion hunt here in SW Colorado, as well as continuingto coyote hunt 3-4 times a week. I did a coffee review for Ryan last December and as long as it doesn’t take like vomit, I’m willing to help you out.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, I have 60 years of experience eating food......that ought to account for something! Still am after cows till the 31st and quite frankly, I would love to try something besides mountain house.

Randy

I checked them out when they became sponsors for the site and maybe I missed it again but does Off Grid only have the fuel bars and breakfast options? Do they plan on expanding? I don’t really eat breakfast in the morning when I am hunting and oatmeal isn’t my first choice for dinner.

it was either in testing or sold out and not on the website but i know they had a chili and iirc some other options are in the works for dinner

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
yes, just breakfast and the bars right now. They'll be adding entrees soon.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
holy crap! I step away from the computer and you guys blow this place up!!!!!

Randy, (mtnwrunner), yes, with 60 years experience eating food, plus helping me throw jabs at Ryan, you're in.

Steve O, you're in.

you guys fire me an email at [email protected] and I'll hook you up with Spencer.

Wow, I thought I'd have a few days on this but we hit quota. Tell you what, when Off Grid kicks off their meals, I'll see if I can pick three new members to test those.

In case you missed it, there is also an Off Grid Food Co 15% promo code in this post: http://www.rokslide.com/forums/gene...-rokslide-promo-code.html?highlight=grid+food

Thanks everyone!

Zbot

WKR
My bud and I leave for a hunt on Friday, then again during the Christmas week if not successful. I'm currently attending college in a writing intensive program....so I've got the feedback writing skills :)

We're packing in after late season cows here in Nevada and are both experienced backpackers with a lot of experience in backcountry foods (both store bought and home brews). We would love to be testers!

mlob1one

WKR
Hey all,
the last few years, I've really tried to include members in our gear testing when possible. After all, many of our members hunt more than we do! Most of the time these projects work out well, but every once in a while I'll get a member who takes the gear, then gives me some whine job on how they're too busy to give feedback! While I actually enjoy banning these lazy excuse makers (Proslayer comes to mind), I'd rather get the feedback on the gear to share with you all. So if you're a compulsive I-enter-every-contest-I-see-on-the-internet kind of guy, click of this post now.

attachment.php

For the rest of you, Rokslide sponsor Off Grid Food Co. and I arranged for three $35 shopping sprees for members willing to give honest feedback with some pics on the food right here on this thread after they receive it. I know hunting season's about shot, but I'd really like to see it go to those with some remaining hunts, but realize that might not be possible.

So, enter up why you'd be a good tester (no need to write a book) and how soon you could give some feedback on each item you tried. Hint, I'm looking for guys with hunts still going on. As time's short, I think I'll announce winners as I see good entries come in so Spencer can get the food coming your way. You can check out their current offerings here: Backcountry Foods For Hunters | Off Grid Food Co.

If you're interested in the feedback, be sure and subscribe to "Thread Tools" top of this post and you'll be notified when they post.

attachment.php
I'm going on several back country hunts for trapping and hunting predators over the next two months. Taking my lbo with titanium stove in the snow. Would love to test.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

FlyGuy

WKR
I've got a TX Nilgai hunt in January, TX aoudad in February, and MT Bear in May. And I like eating. And talking about eating.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm going on several back country hunts for trapping and hunting predators over the next two months. Taking my lbo with titanium stove in the snow. Would love to test.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

That sounds exactly like what my plans are for the winter! I hope to get ya some pics through the spotter of a wolf hittin' the dirt Robby. That Novagrade is some seriously stout gear, I'm digging it for sure. I'll be giving it another crack in Ohio for whitetails after Christmas, but that'll be boring late season hope-they-hit-the-beans kinda stuff. Wolves, on the other hand...well, I plan on having a come to Jesus meeting with some of them.