Where the heck is the meateater?

Seems like a long time since they had new episodes on The Sportsmans channel. Am I crazy or shouldn’t a new season have dropped this fall?

I was hoping it would have been showing up on Netflix soon but I don't know. I couldn't find anything online about when the new season would be out.

Its the only Hunting related show I watch. It's done a better job of showing my wife why I love hunting than I have been able to. It has this great way of making hunting seem so possible to the masses while at the same time showcasing once in a lifetime adventures.

LostArra

WKR
They have gone to a weekly podcast and have discussed some hunts that were filmed. I'm guessing more TV episodes are in the works.

Takem

WKR
Tell me about it. I've been looking every couple of days.

I'm mostly only watching the three shows above as well. I checked out Remi Warren and that wasn't bad either.

skifunk2

FNG
I've been wandering about this, like the rest of you... Based on both with their podcasts, and online stuff, definitely get the feel like they are moving away from the T.V spots and focusing more on the social media and alternative ways to show/discuss a hunt. I really like both shows, and understand they are trying to stay up-to-date, but sometimes, I just like to turn on the TV and see a show...

boom

WKR
i quit cable. i miss Meateater and Western hunter. that episode where that lady smacked the Elk (on meateater) might be the first time i literally CHEERED at the television on a hunting show. great show.

he introduced me to hunts i never considered. i did the sandhill crane thing this year..next year..sooty grouse.

oh this year, i'm gonna miss the looped showing of A Christmas Story. BOO!!!

rbljack

WKR
Meateater and The Western Hunter are the only shows I can stand to watch anymore

Two of my favorites as well....and to that list the Randy Newberg shows as my 3rd favorite. I too keep looking for the new episodes of meateater....LOL. I have a handful of episodes saved on my TIVO....so I watch the reruns from time to time...LOL

I don't have cable either- run slingtv out of an amazon firebox. You can get the basic package with the sportsman's add on for $25 a month total I believe? I'd have to do some checking though. The good thing is it's all without a contract!

TexanSam

Lil-Rokslider
Someone mentioned getting away from the 30 minute tv spot.

I can imagine that with time, television will be mostly an internet based, a la carte type thing that is offered sort of like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon.. etc

That being said, maybe hunting show such as meateater will follow suit. Like for instance, we can all agree we like watching Randy Newberg "day by day" hunt videos vs the one fit for a 30 minute tv slot.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Gr8bawana

WKR
I wonder if they really are moving away from tv shows, would they still have sponsors like they do now? Why would a company sponsor a show that will not get them any air time? Since I don't watch hunting shows on the internet I don't know if they have commercials.
Without sponsors I suspect most tv hunting personalities would not be able to afford all the hunting they do.

TexanSam

Lil-Rokslider
I wonder if they really are moving away from tv shows, would they still have sponsors like they do now? Why would a company sponsor a show that will not get them any air time? Since I don't watch hunting shows on the internet I don't know if they have commercials.
Without sponsors I suspect most tv hunting personalities would not be able to afford all the hunting they do.
Maybe not so much "sponsors" as much as "product placement".

Like I've never seen Randy Newbergs show on TV, but heard him drop names like Leupold, Sitka, howa, orca coolers, OnX....

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor

I can tell you that I am moving away from TV. I can provide greater details about those TV network v. digital platform dynamics when my final network agreement expires after December 31, 2017. Suffice to say, with our YouTube channel starting in 2016 and our Amazon video channel starting this year, TV is now less than 20% of our total viewership. In two years our viewership went from 100% TV to less than 20% on TV. Sponsors want to be where the viewers are.

OP
Desk Jockey
I can tell you that I am moving away from TV. I can provide greater details about those TV network v. digital platform dynamics when my final network agreement expires after December 31, 2017. Suffice to say, with our YouTube channel starting in 2016 and our Amazon video channel starting this year, TV is now less than 20% of our total viewership. In two years our viewership went from 100% TV to less than 20% on TV. Sponsors want to be where the viewers are.

Randy f’ing Newberg replied to one of my threads!

“I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this [forum] every day! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.” - Navin R. Johnson.

Bl704

WKR
Randy f’ing Newberg replied to one of my threads!

“I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this [forum] every day! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.” - Navin R. Johnson.
"Johnson, Navin R... sounds like a typical bastard."

Beware of cans.

WKR
Real interested in what Randy has to say after the first.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk