Cheaters, eyeglasses that is.

Randle

WKR
I have been looking for a durable pair of readers for a while, they all seem to break, twist, or get lost. Has anyone found a great pair of cheaters that hold up to the abuse of hunting, backpacking, and w--k?
I need them for GPS, compass, notching the right date on a tag, old guy stuff.

Slim Jim

WKR
that reminds me, I need to put mine in my pack this year. I have a pair of prescription readers with Oakley frames. I’ll let you know how they hold up after next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boom

WKR
i get two pairs a year. free.

crappy ugly ones..but they are so tough. made by Prisoners. hahah..total poindexter. but they hold up to the outdoors. i cannot tie a knot to secure a trout lure without them.

HEY!! fishing stores have some cheap readers that work awesome. very robust. my friend wears them..they are sunglasses with a bifocal.

i get two pairs a year. free.

crappy ugly ones..but they are so tough. made by Prisoners. hahah..total poindexter. but they hold up to the outdoors. i cannot tie a knot to secure a trout lure without them.

HEY!! fishing stores have some cheap readers that work awesome. very robust. my friend wears them..they are sunglasses with a bifocal.
Cheap ones for hunting and fishing or my oldest prescription ones that aren't all Broke up
I usually switch out yearly

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using cheaters for a few years now. By far and above all the rest is Clic Gear reading glasses. By online. You won't regret it. I have two pairs now, the first pair have become my "backups" and still work fine. They have been super glued at the bridge a few times but work great still. They live on the shelf by my work bench for when I need them next. The second pair is a little stronger mag and are hanging around my neck all day, every day.

Google is your friend.

If you have a big melon then get the XL....my buddy can't fit into my (regular) glasses. But the XL work great for him...when he doesn't leave them on a stump hanging tree stands.

Mark

I got some that are real slim, and they fit in a metal tube. The tube is smaller than a cigar tube, but the glasses are big enough to see what you need to read, etc. Paid less than $10 for them. I have one stuffed in my pack in a ziplock that I carry my tag in.

OP
Randle

Randle

WKR
Thanks . Bushwhacker I think I will give those a try . They look like they would slide right in th elastic on t op of my AGC Bino harness . perfect.

blackdawg

WKR
I second the fold up foster grants that Tom posted pic of, not much bigger than a bic lighter. Have held up rather well for a few years. The thin optics also look good for having in pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
It’s hell getting old (but better than the alternative). I have a pair in every room in the house. I talked to a guy in a restaurant that had a pair in his wallet, they sat(pinched) on his nose, I’m still looking for them.

oenanthe

WKR
I talked to a guy in a restaurant that had a pair in his wallet, they sat(pinched) on his nose, I’m still looking for them.

Maybe these? Pocket Glasses - Lee Valley Tools I know I've seen these elsewhere on the web as well. I've used these, and they broke at the bridge after 4-5 years, to be expected I suppose.

The Thinoptics mentioned above look similar; maybe a bit more practical. I might try those next.

I've been using some costco readers - the problem with those is that the lenses pop out pretty easily. I always feel pretty stupid when I pull them out, put them on, and can only see out of one eye, only to realize that one of the lenses popped out and is still in my ditty bag somewhere. :)

Love my thin optics. Have the case attached to the back of my phone so I always have them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk