Wolf Facts?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
In our latest podcast with Justin, we talked about wolves and I received some very interesting emails and PMs.
Does anyone know where I can read the facts about the whole wolf reintroduction? Like who was involved? Who paid for it? What was the objective? What I have found online so far is not very detailed.

Thanks!

mt100gr.

WKR
Look up the book Wolf Wars. I think I still have a copy somewhere from my Wildlife Bio classes and could get you more info. That book timelines the key players leading up to reintroduction.

mt100gr.

WKR
...keep in mind, the author works.for DOW so the fight for reintroduction is "a good fight" . Also, the focus is on reintroduction in YNP in the 90s, but that's really where all of it got started.

I will scan my shelf, i feel like there was one other book I am forgetting.

ethan

WKR
“The Real Wolf”will probably be just what you’re looking for. I can’t recall the name of the author, but I believe he is a former congressman or maybe a senator from Idaho.

I'd be interested to see what you find at the end of this quest. Will the 'facts' from different sources align with each other? It would probably be a dissertation level project, but I'd be interested if you updated this thread after you've done your research.

The following is just an opinion I have formed based on the data I have read, heard and witnessed and should be taken as nothing more than my opinion.

I HATE wolves.
The beginning may well be respectable in its original idea, To allow state parks to share a glimpse of what wildlife may have been like before the introduction of us pesky humans. You know, like a wildlife type zoo for Americans and others to come drive thru like a zoo in the wild.

But the efforts to populate wolves we are seeing now, in our current day, sure appears to be an attack on the rights of public land users, gun users, and coal burning vehicle users.

The activists who oppose wildlife management thru hunting conservation are opposed to anything hunters may influence as they generate $$ into an economy. Any possible way to take humans out of wilderness areas is an option for them to explore in the court system where they have had a secret path for success for too long. Many are now aware of their plots and have now stood up to fight this war waged in the civil side of society. But have their schemes gone too far already and operate on too many vanes to effectively fight them with success?

Here is my take on this wolf situation and it may not reflect the ideas of the OP (Sorry Ryan if this derails your thread).

If gun laws, ammo restrictions, magazine limits, suppressor laws, wilderness area acts, closed roads, etc, can't stunt control of guns and public lands enough, lets get the animal lovers to pair up with the tree huggers, holywood, and new breed of anti-American values, and maybe together they can raise enough liberal sympathy money to finally do away with the barbaric Neanderthal woodsmen and women, who are out of place in the evolution of the millennial movement of skinny jeans and choose your gender movement and purify the wilderness from these non evolved millennial Americans.

If wolves can be populated, and reduce large game animal population significantly and eliminate the high dollar incomes states see from accessible national forests thru hunting conservation, maybe the outdated gun toting hunters will disappear and lose all confidence to fight the good fight. If enough land can be closed off, maybe the quads will go away. And then the $$ that comes from those resources will no longer be available to help support a fight in the court rooms.

In Utah we have been fighting wilderness areas in court as long as I can remember after moving here. It affects more than just hunters, even quads, snowmobiles and such would be eliminated from areas. You know, all that icky coal burning anti-green stuff from the old fashioned Americans.

I bet the $$ trail, is directly connected to liberal activists that hate America as it is, and want it evolved into a different society where hippie, chick pant toting dudettes, and in your pocket politicians looking to get rich off what ever they can.
Holywood loves to get in their private jet, fly over an area sipping on a starbucks from 20,000" and feel they are now intimate with a liberal cause worthy of their millions.
That way when the Oscars come around, they have done their due diligence and can be nominated and applauded by their fans as they read aloud a handler written speech that they have personally seen for the first time.

There are few individual Americans any more- seems almost every other person is a puppet to some ones agenda.

Anyway- did I go too far ??
Delete it if you need to.

This message may in no way reflects the personal opinions of this website, its staff or other members.
It is one persons opinion

Last edited:

Schaaf

WKR
You hate Wilderness too?

Your rationale isn’t working very well when Montana has a growing elk population.

Lobo Watch said they’d be extinct by 2010, I mean 2020.

Mt Al

WKR
"Facts" will depend on who provides them. Truth is tough to get. Timeline of events is certainly possible.

The most interesting thing to me is/was the PR machine that happened along the same timeline to get the non-Montana public to agree. If you want a critter protected, revered, you make up stories about how Native populations worshiped it, never show films of it ripping a calf elk from it's mothers womb as the calf screams, etc. You show them licking their pups and nuzzling each other.

Again, with all the time in the world it would be sweet if you could write down the claims of the left and right on what wolf reintroduction would do to the ecosystem. Both were laughably wrong. So was I. The people that really have to deal with things day-to-day are ranchers, feel bad for them.

You hate Wilderness too?

Your rationale isn’t working very well when Montana has a growing elk population.

No I love wilderness I HATE wolves

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You hate Wilderness too?

Their liberal ideas have meet resistance from hunters or the elk herds wouldn't be as populated as they are
But don't feel the good elk numbers today are guaranteed for tomorrow

Last edited:

Mt Al

WKR

Right! When I win the lottery I'll make a movie with quotes and interviews about elk extinction predictions, other predictions from both sides - then what has really happened in the mean time. Of course I'd have to put my own predictions in there as well, I was way wrong.

Deepshax

WKR
If gun laws, ammo restrictions, magazine limits, suppressor laws, wilderness area acts, closed roads, etc, can't stunt control of guns and public lands enough, lets get the animal lovers to pair up with the tree huggers, holywood, and new breed of anti-American values, and maybe together they can raise enough liberal sympathy money to finally do away with the barbaric Neanderthal woodsmen and women, who are out of place in the evolution of the millennial movement of skinny jeans and choose your gender movement and purify the wilderness from these non evolved millennial Americans.

If wolves can be populated, and reduce large game animal population significantly and eliminate the high dollar incomes states see from accessible national forests thru hunting conservation, maybe the outdated gun toting hunters will disappear and lose all confidence to fight the good fight. If enough land can be closed off, maybe the quads will go away. And then the $$ that comes from those resources will no longer be available to help support a fight in the court rooms.

That is a lot of people working together to play the long game!

TheTone

WKR
cinch down that tinfoil hat a little tighter mflood.

There has been some serious crazy on both sides of the wolf issue, both for and against. The truth is somewhere in the middle and I wouldn't rely on extremist viewpoints for truth and fact

Like I said, my opinion, based on data I gathered
We're all puppets to our source of information, experiences, and view points.
Ones perspective is another's point of debate.

I've been battling a different form of propaganda for 30 years.
Things aren't always fully as they seem

One thing that is, there is a war to change this nation to a global player
What ever gets in the way of that, is a target

I just want access to my wilderness areas. And I sure as heck don't want activists using wolves, fear, other special interest groups or what ever threatening these rights and telling me it is no longer accessible to me.
If I pay a tax that is used to fund these areas, I want a say in what happens to them.

Last year in Utah, a wolf was shot by a guy who was coyote hunting. When they went up to it, they discovered it was wolf with a radio collar. They reported and were told there are no wolves in Utah. Guess what there was, and it was dead in front of them.
This collar was still working and they knew full well where it was, yet denied it was here it was.
These guys almost got in serious trouble for killing this protected animal that was here.
If it wasn't for the SFW group helping out, they may have been in terrible trouble.

This whole wolf issue is often misleading and clouded in disinformation by somebody for some reason.

I would shoot every wolf I can legally shoot.