Looking for boiling bags

TradAg02

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know where to buy bags for rehydrating similar to mountain house?

I don’t like getting my pot all gummed up in the backcountry and am often in areas with limited water. I have historically saved old mountain house bags and reused them, but that is a pain. I’m just looking for a bag that I can put my homemade dehydrated meals in that will accept boiling water.

Dirtydan

Lil-Rokslider
Umm, Ziplock freezer bag. If you want to get real fancy you can make an insulation pouch out of the cheap stuff from Lowes. Works way better than any Mountain House pack and easier to cram into smaller spaces.

PennDude

FNG
Umm, Ziplock freezer bag. If you want to get real fancy you can make an insulation pouch out of the cheap stuff from Lowes. Works way better than any Mountain House pack and easier to cram into smaller spaces.

Dirty Dan is right on the money here. Look up some "freezer bag" recipes. This site should get you started off on the right foot. FBC | Trail Cooking

Watch when you stir the contents with a spork. I had a bag rip due to my excessive stirring. Use just a long spoon. I made an insulated coozie out of an old windshield heat deflector.