New for 2018?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Just curious, what advantage does a zip in system provide? To me it just adds the extra weight of zippers. All my base and mid layers have thumb holes so adding and subtracting layers and getting them comfortably in place isn't a problem for me. I'd rather not deal with extra zippers when I'm constantly adding and subtracting layers through the day. That's the beauty of a layering system, it easy adapts to varying conditions on the go. What am I missing?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
You are missing the fact that it's winter time, seasons are closed, and we have nothing better to discuss. We need more choices! Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
Just curious, what advantage does a zip in system provide? To me it just adds the extra weight of zippers. All my base and mid layers have thumb holes so adding and subtracting layers and getting them comfortably in place isn't a problem for me. I'd rather not deal with extra zippers when I'm constantly adding and subtracting layers through the day. That's the beauty of a layering system, it easy adapts to varying conditions on the go. What am I missing?

Not having to take off your boots or pants all the way

twall13

WKR
Ya, I was taking about jackets. I like the zip off long johns and use them quite a bit.

I would second this.

brocksw

WKR
A Garmin rino/inreach would be epic.

I heard from Sitka that they are discontinuing timberline pants in the moss solid color and will only have the gray for a solid.

Stone glacier sky guide 7900 and I bet another pack too. I really Hope they start to make their packs in tan 499 as well.

Swarovski is coming out with a range finding scope...the "DS scope"... I'm sure it will be in the $4500 range.

Heard a rumor a out easton buying and starting to produce ulmer edge broadheads... But I hear something like that every year with ulmer edges...wouldn't hold my breathe.

Newly remodeled vortex Viper spotting scopes should be coming out soon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mtnboy

WKR
This Sitka rain jacket is coming.
bae375d93baf72ea02f227913feb977a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

SWOHTR

WKR
I’d like the zip-in capability purely for late season. That, and I hate zipping 3-5 zippers. The fewer, the better.
I am also a guy that either needs a lot of insulation or none of it.
I also don’t care about the added ounces, those won’t make or break my hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brocksw

WKR
Randy Ulmer was on the bowjunkie podcast and he verified that there is a new broadhead coming out in 2018. He stated he'd been shooting the prototype in 2017. Not sure if it will be the "new" ulmer edge, but I bet if he's putting his name on it, it will be the very similar in concept and design.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
pack frame? I saw on instagram someone testing a new sitka pack. With a huge set of horns on it, looks like they might be getting serious about packs from the looks of the one i saw

That was likely Sitka's new Mountain Hauler pack. It's a 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum frame with an internal load shelf. The main pack volume expands from 4,000 to 5,000 cubic inches, and the overall total maximum volume is 6,200 cubic inches.

You can pre-order this now, along with the Mountain Hauler accessories, and any other 2018 Sitka Gear through our site, or give us a call.