Binocular tripod adapter

sparelink

FNG
Looking at getting a tripod adaptor for more stable glassing. I think I want to go with the tray style adaptor as opposed to a screw in adaptor. Looking at the Leupold Binocular Tripod Adapter Tray but there are other options on Amazon as well. Anyone have any first hand knowledge with these types of adaptors? Anything to look for or avoid when picking one out?

mtluckydan

Lil-Rokslider
I am using a Benro S2 head with a swarovski universal tripod adaptor on Leica binos. It seems like a solid piece of gear.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

GLB

WKR
I have the Leupold Tray adapter. My Zeiss 10x42s fit perfect in it. I haven't really tested it as far a durability on a hard hunt but it should hold up well. It's very quick in and out with the Binos and holds them steady. For only about 20$ I think it's a good value.

I also have the Swarovski adaptor and it’s the only one I have any experience with. I’ve anchored my Swarovski 10x42,s and vortex diamond back 10x42’s to it. It’s a solid platform and works well with a variety of binos. I’ve not weighed it but I’d say the weight penalty minimal. The only down side that I can see is bulk. It’s an odd shape and takes up 3 or 4 times more room in your pack than a screw on one. So if you have the room (which I do) I’d recommend it.

DRP

Lil-Rokslider
I have the field optics binocular tripod adapter that I run on a pair of leupold 10x50's, It has a quick release system that the knob stays on the binoculars at all times but can slide on/off the tripod mount. It makes for quick transition between my bino's and spotter. Jason from S&S archery did a video review on it a few years ago Rapid Release Binocular Tripod Adapter- Field Optics Research - YouTube

AdamW

WKR
I have the field optics binocular tripod adapter that I run on a pair of leupold 10x50's, It has a quick release system that the knob stays on the binoculars at all times but can slide on/off the tripod mount. It makes for quick transition between my bino's and spotter. Jason from S&S archery did a video review on it a few years ago Rapid Release Binocular Tripod Adapter- Field Optics Research - YouTube

That's what I came here to recommend. I've got the Vortex screw in only because I didn't see this first.

sr80

WKR
Ive been through a few different ones, but ended up with what I would consider the best..outdoorsmans. Wish i would of spent the money in the first place for it.

Chad E

WKR
I have used a tray style in the past. I also used a vortex uni adaptor. I then switched to the field research optics and liked it better. Finally, I recently picked up an outdoors man adaptor and don't see myself ever wanting to switch. The field research adaptor is for sale in the classifieds. The post style adaptors are super handy as I've just carried them in my harness untill I need it. Switching from scope to spotter is also easier for me.

Another one for the Field Optics Research adapter. The only one I have used and see no reason to change. Quick and easy to set up and take off when glassing and moving.

Ronb

WKR
Binos move around with the field optics. My son has one. The outdoorsman is 100% rock solid. No comparison. I like saving money, but its not worth it, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schaaf

WKR
6th Vote for the Outdoorsmans. However, I think I Need to paint the post orange. Already lost one in the field.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
why not screw in? I they are lighter and very sturdy ( outdoorsmans is atleast).
they are super easy to operate