Another bad example of non-resident hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.

LandYacht

WKR
For some reason, many people think that their mom is following behind them and cleaning up the woods.

They can be local or non-resident, but I will have to agree that the majority of the camps I end up cleaning up after were nonresident occupied.

I don’t think I can attribute the 32 pounds of electric fencing that I hauled off of the top of a ridge I was deer hunting to a nonresident, but I don’t really know for sure.

The 13 gallon trash bag that I filled with marking tape the day prior is anybody’s guess as to resident or nonresident origin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
I’ve always wondered why in CO there is such disdain for Texans but not Californians trying to turn the place into a liberal stronghold?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve always wondered why in CO there is such disdain for Texans but not Californians trying to turn the place into a liberal stronghold?

Because most current residents are from California? Back in the 90’s it was anti Cali. Actually anti anyone not born in Colorado.

oldgoat

WKR

My feeling has always been that they bitch about Texans and hate the Californians with a passion

Hating Californians is stupid, it's like hating a cancer victim for the cancer. Hate the disease of liberalism, only 55% of people in CA suffer that particular disorder. Currently 27% of California residents aren't even from this country, we are being invaded by unAmericans. So is Colorado, Arizona, Oregon, Washington and Idaho. Hate the disease of liberalism, not the site of widespread infection. JMO, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
I find it funny you bring politics into this and bash liberals. This is a thread started about littering hunters from Texas. I'd bet my house they were not liberals. Then it continues with more stories about littering hunters. Statistics would probably show they are again most likely not liberals.

Just an observation.

Now I understand the hate for liberals moving to CO from CA. I just chuckled to see some liberal bashing in a thread mostly complaining about people we can mostly infer are not liberals.

Go to any city dominated by liberals and compare the filth in the streets to a conservative city, you'll see. Look at photos taken of DC after a Tea Party protest and compare it to a liberal protest. It's about respect.

Last edited:
I disagree. Plenty of shit holes in every red and blue state.

Also, I don't know what cities have to do with litter on the mountain from hunters.

I will add my experience a couple weeks ago in AZ. I'm following a guy in his Can-Am who is hunting. He has his American flag bandana on and suddenly there goes a beer can into the bushes from his left hand. Probably not a liberal. If there is one thing that annoys me more than anything else its people who wear political blinders. You are part of the problem. Have the sense to place blame where it is due and not always blame the "other" party whether its political or geographical.

Last edited:
I disagree. Plenty of shit holes in every red and blue state.

Also, I don't know what cities have to do with litter on the mountain from hunters.

I will add my experience a couple weeks ago in AZ. I'm following a guy in his Can-Am who is hunting. He has his American flag bandana on and suddenly there goes a beer can into the bushes from his left hand. Probably not a liberal. If there is one thing that annoys me more than anything else its people who wear political blinders. You are part of the problem. Have the sense to place blame where it is due and not always blame the "other" party whether its political or geographical.

Muley I am not judging or questioning you but if you have never lived in California then you can not disagree with Bruce. This state is an absolute mess. Full of horrible "hunters"..... trail heads, camp sites or back country they don't care, garbage every where.... the number of quality hunters are shrinking. Your beer can reference is nothing compared to the rifle opener in general zones in California. Drive the main dirt roads on the Monday after the opener and someone could make $100s on recycling. Beer cans every where. Bruce is right about respect, most have none when it comes to public lands. Every public land hunter in California sees it every time they enter the field.

Yeah and the guy with the COEXIST sticker on his car will likely try to bust into yours while it's parked on the trailhead. One more reason why I am a destination hunter, hate hunting in CA. Utah is my favorite, friendly, clean and animals everywhere. Only place i visited that beats it is Alberta, Canada. In 12 days of hunting I never saw a single piece of trash or sign of slob hunters. In Oregon I was almost run down by slobs who were road hunting a herd of elk I was stalking. They were 3 miles into private property and had passed thru 3 closed gates on a gravel road all marked PRIVATE-NO TRESPASSING. The property owner (my friend's wife) stopped em cold with a shotgun when she saw how they almost hit me speeding down the road. Slobs suck...they are ruining the sport.

Beendare

WKR
The hard one for CA that many of you other state guys have is just an excuse. Its not CA....it big city liberalism that is the enemy of hunting...and its everywhere. Until the guys with that mentality get that through their thick skulls... ...they are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Heck, look what just happened in British Columbia in taking away Grizz hunting....you gonna blame that on CA too?

These antis band together against us.....when only a small % of hunters join a pro hunting group. They think, "It won't happen in my area"....well I'm sure the Montanans, Idahoans and folks in BC thought the same about some of the rules affecting hunting in their states.

As long as we have a high % of hunters that refuse to be part of pro hunting groups and work together....hunters will have this problem.

Beendare

WKR
Slob hunters aren't exclusively non res.

I hunt a lot of states as a non res....and its rare for me not to come back to a TH with candy wrappers and garbage I scrounged off the trail

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
I’m just excited to see where this will go next.

How about double stuffed Oreos. I mean why even make regular Oreos anymore?!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m just excited to see where this will go next.

How about double stuffed Oreos. I mean why even make regular Oreos anymore?!

Why mess with traditional cookies they were awesome till this newest generation where everything has to be bigger and there fore better. Eating regular Oreos in a flat bill hat will still keep you trendy when you post it on Instagram

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RickH

Lil-Rokslider
This pile of crap was left by some slobs during muzzleloader season a few years ago. These guys get into the backcountry unprepared for bad weather and when it hits they panic and bail out leaving all their crap.

Attachments

• Slobs!.JPG
    Slobs!.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 105

Hall256

WKR
As long as we have a high % of hunters that refuse to be part of pro hunting groups and work together....hunters will have this problem.

The divisions that exist within hunting will probably be our biggest downfall. The anti's understand the importance of banding together to pass legislation, or perhaps more importantly they know how to unify their voice to sway the average public opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I see plenty of virginia residents come hunt around the area i live in virginia on national forest and leave trash laying around, it's not exclusively "non residents"

Hall256

WKR
I see plenty of virginia residents come hunt around the area i live in virginia on national forest and leave trash laying around, it's not exclusively "non residents"
Hey...we have out of state hunters to deal with, I think there was a group of guys from West Virginia up there for a day or two...no Texans though...LOL

In all seriousness, it really is a great area up there, it is a shame that so many decide to trash it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.