Favorite Truck Accessories

dotman

WKR
Good 10 ply AT tires and a good set of Cam-lock V-bar tire chains. Some tow straps and come-alongs for us who cannot afford a winch. A good front end protector that has the mesh over the radiator area to keep birds and smaller objects out. I need to get the leveler on the front of my 2004 Ford F150. I don't think price is all that terrible either.

Pretty much exactly what I have, don’t forget a highlift jack and chainsaw.

My recent addition is a cheap 11" LED flood light mounted on the headache pointing to the rear. Favorite thing yet.

Living in the land of perpetual winter darkness, lights are important. Now I can back up and see where I'm going, load and unload the truck bed in the dark, hook up a trailer without a headlamp, pack gear, etc, etc. A well lit work area to the rear of the truck is used daily this time of year.

Good LED driving lights tied to the high beams are also handy in moose country. And after finally acquiring one too many dents and scratches I replaced my bed with a powdercoated steel flatbed this year, and I'm liking it so far. No more dealing with wheel wells, and I can now load an ATV crossways with plenty of room to stack other stuff around it.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
good tires (10 ply K02's-slightly oversized), good chains, high lift jack and my newest addition

Softopper (poor man's camper :D)

dOIPlYA.jpg

How about my ATV in the bed so I don't need to take my truck into the nasty stuff?

My first add on to my truck this year was a spray in bed liner. I love those nice form fit floor mats I have.

Next will probably be the fender flares to keep the mud and rocks off the paint.

I would get a topper but see above about ATV.

coiloil37

Lil-Rokslider
For my hunting buggy (Jeep) I value recovery gear. Lockers, super swampers, dedicated winter tires, tire chains, winches on both ends, rocker and steering box armor, high clearance (flat skid plate), high lift jack, tools and spare parts. I also have two kolpin gun boots in the back to hold rifles and another home made rifle holder over the windshield just under the roof.

For my truck I built a winch setup that slides into the fifth wheel rails in the bed to help get elk and moose loaded. Tire chains, jack, snatch and tow straps, tools. It's a diesel so extra filtration is always important. Fuel is an additional filter to get 99% of the free water, 95% of the emulsified water and a second that's 3 micron absolute. The oil has a full flow Donaldson to 15 micron and bypass filtration to 2 micron absolute. It also runs good 10 ply all terrains in the summer and studded 10 ply winter tires. The truck doesn't go anywhere I think I might wreck something or get it stuck so I'm not worried about a winch.

Manual locking hubs on my 2003 Ram Cummins. I like having manual hubs to go with the manual transmission and manual transfer case. I've been stuck once in a previous truck when a vacuum line broke and made the 4wd inoperable. That will never happen again.

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

wesfromky

WKR
The only thing I have really added to my truck so far is a DU-HA Under Seat Storage for the back seat, but it is super useful. Hope to add a camper top this year.

Fitzwho

WKR
Current setup: Weatherguard floor liners, LineX bed liner, leveling kit, full size matching spare tire, Amp Research retractable steps, and a Decked Truck Bed storage system (Truck Vaults are awesome, but at 4 times the price of the Decked system). Also have additional tie down points and square security chains mounted at the corners for locking valuables down.

Next accessory would be a winch for me, with on board air being a close second. A shell or some sort of cargo rack system for mounting a rooftop tent would be awesome. Clear Title is already done.

Antlers

FNG
My first thought with the Bedrug for a hunting rig was, "where do you throw the bloody carcass or meat?

My first thought with the Bedrug for a hunting rig was, "where do you throw the bloody carcass or meat?

Out west we usually quarter and sometimes debone (depending on hike distance) in the field and place the meat in an ice chest at the truck. I do store a tarp in my truck as well, it has a thousand uses.

Last edited:

handwerk

WKR
On my 2006 tundra DC I added a leaf spring in the back and bilstein 5100's upfront. Since I've got a nice fiberglass topper I spend many nights in the back of my truck, so I put a sheet of 2" rigid foam down in the bed, makes a big difference on those cold nights.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
IF I had to pick one Mod to rule them all it would have to be the Hornblaster Train Horn. Fun stuff. But for usability Id say my Snugtop Cap and Blisten Shock leveling Kit I added. But the Front Grill replacement is very Slick also. I seriously cant decide.

U83OOqq.jpg

mMrAAcu.jpg

FJhpGQS.jpg

VkIuHzh.jpg

60lrkd6.jpg

ok the Rigid Lights up top in my Go Rhino Rack is also pretty nice setup. It turns the night into Daytime.
XtdWqgB.jpg

Randle

WKR
Alot of great suggestions . I have a matching full size spare as well as a quality portable air pump. Not a pump with radio, flashlight, color tv, and microwave built all for 39.99. My truck
Is a gasser so I also added a second battery and isolator. It charges when the truck is running but is separate so it won't run down if there is a draw on the system when left for days.
I have installed several bedrugs , they would not work for me. It would be full of pine needles , sap, bark, oil, dirt, etc. So a spray in liner is probably next. I just have a rubber mat right now.
I have also added North Idaho pinstripe. It's just natural.