Favorite Truck Accessories

Jackalope

FNG
Good shocks, flexy leaf springs, small wheels, big tires, rear door delete. :p

DE5_A5983_AEFA_46_F8_8_FB4_C0_C2_C0992_BDA.jpg

53_D81363_88_AB_43_CE_8_EBB_FA4151_EC195_A.jpg

Those are some nice looking trucks, but I prefer my old ugly beater. She has over 300k miles and I don't have to worry about mud or branches scratching what's left of the paint.

attachment.php

Last edited:

kicker338

WKR
How about my ATV in the bed so I don't need to take my truck into the nasty stuff?

My first add on to my truck this year was a spray in bed liner. I love those nice form fit floor mats I have.

Next will probably be the fender flares to keep the mud and rocks off the paint.

I would get a topper but see above about ATV.

I got a 1/2" thick rubber mat in place of the spray in bed liner that way I can take it out when I want to, also a lot cheaper.
ATV in the bed for me too, don't really want a winch on the truck as it is too much of a temptation to take the truck into places
I shouldn't be going with it, that's what the atv is for

Some of you must make a heck of a lot more money than me. Only accessory I spend money on is floor mats. I would buy a camper shell if I could find one for an affordable price though.

bigmoose

WKR
Some of you must make a heck of a lot more money than me. Only accessory I spend money on is floor mats. I would buy a camper shell if I could find one for an affordable price though.

One thing I would add to the floor mats would be a dashmat. Get a darker colored one and it will help with road glare and save your dash from the sun.

Randle

WKR
I also have a code reader. And I printed out some basic electrical diagrams . Fuel pump, ignition key circuits, etc. A fused jumper wire and diagrams can get me out of a jam.

OP
willidru

willidru

WKR
Current setup: Weatherguard floor liners, LineX bed liner, leveling kit, full size matching spare tire, Amp Research retractable steps, and a Decked Truck Bed storage system (Truck Vaults are awesome, but at 4 times the price of the Decked system). Also have additional tie down points and square security chains mounted at the corners for locking valuables down.

Next accessory would be a winch for me, with on board air being a close second. A shell or some sort of cargo rack system for mounting a rooftop tent would be awesome. Clear Title is already done.

How do you like the Decked set up?

Electric fridge/freezer for me. Changed how I eat when I'm out hunting or any sort of car camping.
So much better than a cooler. National Luna Portable Fridges | Equipt Expedition Outfitters

Kanz Kitchen and Partner stove is a close 2nd.

Awning is great for keeping off desert sun and rain. Rhino Rack Foxwing Vehicle Awning - Shop RealTruck.com

Roof top tent is better than sleeping on the ground. Columbus Carbon Fiber – Autohome US

Trasheroo keeps my trash cleaned up. Trasheroo

40 gallon auxiliary fuel tank gives me a 700 mile range.

6616478673_e42c6ffcaa_o.jpg

Last edited:

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
SHTF, I put that grille on my '99 ford after mucking out a herd of deer in Montana. Then stuck a Ford emblem on it and hid it behind a cowcatcher bumper. I added a lightbar on the bumper and a HID roof-mount spotlight.

That turned out really nice. Yeah i knew I wanted a custom looking grill it makes the front end pop. Plus the plastic crap doesn't last on the Grills. Now I have metal grate and more airflow =)

TXCO

WKR
Ill echo that 10 ply tires are a must. BFG ATs are only 3 ply. A good tow strap is useful too.

Anyone have a good compact jump starter they recommend?

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved

You can do it on the cheap just have to shop around and know what you want. I did spend alot on my Mods but everyone of them was worth it to me. Craigslist can really get you some great deals also as well as Ebay. By the way yeah I have the Weathertech Floormats also. That was a damn good investment.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Electric fridge/freezer for me. Changed how I eat when I'm out hunting or any sort of car camping.
So much better than a cooler. National Luna Portable Fridges | Equipt Expedition Outfitters

Kanz Kitchen and Partner stove is a close 2nd.

Awning is great for keeping off desert sun and rain. Rhino Rack Foxwing Vehicle Awning - Shop RealTruck.com

Roof top tent is better than sleeping on the ground. Columbus Carbon Fiber – Autohome US

Trasheroo keeps my trash cleaned up. Trasheroo

40 gallon auxiliary fuel tank gives me a 700 mile range.

6616478673_e42c6ffcaa_o.jpg

That is a very slick Setup. I like that alot.